PA Library Weekly
Weeks of January 2 and 6, 2014
Welcome back! I hope everyone had an enjoyable break!
The Public Library is still looking for book donations...
*Donations are tax deductible.
I would love to collaborate with you and your students!
Here are some things I can do for you:
- Library instruction embedded in your research projects (Examples: credible sources, citations, finding a thesis, presentation tools, etc.)
- Provide resources (pulling books, creating an online guide specific to your project)
- Embedding technology into your current projects
We had quite a few exciting collaborations in the library before break!
- We talked about Banned Books and the freedom to read with Mr. Larson's English classes.
- Mr. Yoskowitz's Biology class also came in to discuss scientific research including choosing a thesis, reliable sources, and using APA citations.
Tech Tip of the Week
A few folks have come to me requesting help adding events to shared calendars. I am including a step by step process for this task; don't be afraid to come up for 1:1 help too, I would be more than happy to lend a hand.
To add an event to a shared Google Calendar:
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click on the arrow tab for the shared calendar in the 'Other Calendars' label on the left side of the screen.
- Click 'Create an event on this Calendar'.
- Be sure you are adding an event to the correct calendar and scheduling the correct date and time.
- Don't forget to click save!
- New books!
- New bulletin boards!