Interesting Childhood Facts
- Ernest's mom wanted a girl so she dressed him up like one until the age of four.
- His hair was as long as his sister's.
- Was forced to play the cello because his mom wanted him to be a musician.
- His mother kept him home from school for a year so he would play the cello.
Interesting War Related Facts
- He had wretched eyesight so couldn't join the military in WWI.
- Convinced military to let him be an ambulance driver.
- Was injured in WWI during mortar fire.
Wierd Yet Interesting Facts
- Hemingway once stole a urinal from his favorite bar.
- Ended up just sticking the urinal in his house.
- Had a six-toed cat that "got around".
- F. Scott Fitzgerald once wrote Hemingway a ten page letter suggesting how he should end one of his books in which Hemingway only replied with three simple words.
- Often posted recipes on his column.(Like this one for a hamburger)
Love Life Facts
- He was married four times to Hadley Richardson, Pauline Pfeiffer, Martha Gellhorn, Mar Welsh Hemingway.
- His third wife (Martha Gellhorn) didn't enjoy being his third wife.
- He was a Soviet KGB spy in the 1940's.
- His under Cover name was "Argo".
I Can't Even Begin To Explain How....
- Ernest survived...
- exposure to anthrax
- skin cancer
- two plan crashes
- a ruptured kidney
- ruptured spleen
- fractured skull
- a crushed vertebra
In The End...
- At one point in time Hemingway was admitted to Mayo Clinic in Minn.
- Commit suicide after coming back from Mayo Clinic with his favorite shotgun (he put two rounds in his head).
- The shot gun was from Abercrombie & Fitch.
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway