Mosaica Online Happenings
November 5-9 2012
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Monday, November 5th: Work from home day for CA Center students
- Tuesday, November 6th: Staff Meeting in Stephanie's office @ 7pm Eastern
- Friday, November 9th: Advisement meeting in Julie's office @ 2pm Eastern
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
Staff Spotlight - Leigh Tillman
We appreciate you so much Leigh!
- Wendee Kennedy with the passing of her husband's aunt.
- Our Mosaica Online staff members who have been in the line of fire for Hurricane Sandy - glad you are safe and hope all power is restored soon!!!!
We welcome the following new staff member - Gabby Bray. Gabby is joining us as a consultant with a wealth of experience in course design. Welcome Gabby!
Let me know of any concerns or celebrations within our Mercury family!
Our newest installment.... TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
Leslie Reily shares with us both benefits and frameworks for using Social Media in online courses.
Check this out - very beneficial information!
What Is Going On In Other Mercury Locations?
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
You will receive updates here that will pertain to our students in any of these locations!
- be sure to consult the various calendars in D2L for these locations
Teachers PLEASE be sure you are keeping your D2L grade book updated. Whenever a program needs grades for a progress report, we export the D2L grade book current average. Thank you!
India - November 12-13, November 22
Puerto Vallarta - November 23
Muskegon Heights - Friday November 9 - 1/2 day of school, November 22-23
Online Paragon Nights!
End of the Grading Period is coming!
This week's deadlines:
- Monday, November 5: BEGIN WINDOW FOR Q2 PERFORMANCE SERIES BENCHMARKS – ALL
- Friday, November 9th: Report cards issued CA and CO
Here is the link to the wonderful step by step recording that Carrie Polk has provided for creating PSAPs in Alpine:
Performance Ed/Scantron Testing is Coming!
Scantron Widget Now Available!
There are three shared widgets: CA Scantron Info, AZ Scantron Info, and CO Scantron Info.
Follow the directions below to add these to your courses!
- Go to Edit Course
- Homepages (or you can click the pencil icon at the bottom right of your screen and go straight to it!)
- Click on your active homepage to edit it.
- Click in one of the columns to add a widget
- From the list, choose the appropriate Scantron widget
- Click Add
- Move it wherever you would like – preferably under the Compass link
- Click Save and Close
If you have all of your kids in one shell, go ahead and add all three widgets (or whatever you need) –These have been conditionally released so only those appropriate roles will see them – but PLEASE test this ;)
BE SURE STUDENTS KNOW THEY DO NOT NEED TO TEST UNTIL NOVEMBER 6TH & 7TH!
Targeted Learning Series.....
Next week's topic: TBA!
Join us if you can:)