NCVPS Spanish 3
Update con la Sra. Beverly Aguirre
Week 3, September 11-17
(If you feel that you have received this message in error, please let me know and I'll remove you from my listserv.)
(If you haven't received an update like this for Weeks 1/2-combined, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
WEEK 3, September 11-7 ASSIGNMENTS
We are now starting week 3. Students should have already finished the Getting Started Unit and Unit 1 (a review of Spanish 2). I will be contacting parents this week to let you know how students are doing in our course.
This week we are starting on Unit 2, Las Relaciones Personales (Personal Relationships). As we continue to go through the semester, all units are now 2 weeks, with specific assignments being due each week. Students will now attend one RLC every two weeks. Please encourage students to attend the RLC at the beginning of each new unit as the information in the RLC will help students tremendously in learning the new material and will help them when completing the assignments for the current unit. Assignments are due each Friday evening at 11:55pm. Last, students are encouraged to work ahead in the class! Below is a list of what is due this week and next week for Unit 2.
Vocabulary Lists for each unit
Required Live Classes
How are grades calculated?
What is the Culture Cafe?
Below is a list of the various Culture Cafe sessions offered for students in the next two weeks. Students can go to their Home page on Canvas and click on the icon, The Culture Cafe for a detailed list of future Culture Cafe sessions and how to log into the session. After attending a Culture Cafe session, students will complete a reflection about the class and submit it for extra credit.
Students can attend any of the topics below. It does not have to be about Spanish.
HOW CAN YOU HELP (AS A PARENT/ELA)?
1. Ask your students how they are doing, what they are doing (which assignment/s) and what they are learning. Ask them to answer specific questions around what they are learning.
2. Have your students show you their grades (they are available 24/7), get/use the parent/observer access (sent out in each newsletter) OR have them give you their log-in info., so you can check in on them anytime. You just click on "Grades" in the left-hand sidebar.
3. Does your student have a smartphone? If so, make sure that (s)he has downloaded the Canvas Student App!
As you probably know, students are not always forthcoming/proactive, so ask them
Parents and facilitators will need student login information to set up their parent accounts. This will have to come from the school. NCVPS cannot supply login credentials to parents or facilitators. Check with your school's e-learning advisor (ELA).
The Canvas Parent app is designed to provide visibility into a student's progress at a glance. Canvas Parent allows both parents and facilitators to:
- View assignment descriptions and due dates
- Set reminders for assignments
- View assignment grades
- View course grades
- Set grade alerts
- View course announcements
Here are several helpful links: