T.C. Williams Library Monthly
October 2012 Edition
Instruction & Collaboration
We had 45 classes use library services during October. Classes included:
- Differentiated orientation for ELL classes (Jackson)
- Nursing (Bloodworth)
- American History Reform movements (Hudgens)
- Literacy (Martin, Von Topel, Kratovil)
- Digital literacy in context of creating students' own eBooks (Gulden)
- Film Studies (Henry)
- AP World History/Major Religions (Bertetti/McGill)
- Literary Criticism (Taylor)
- The “TC Reads” program for this year is off to great start. Students have been checking out the books and writing reviews.
- English 11 teacher who started using Goodreads.com for student independent reading project reported it as “overall smashing success!”
- Asked TV production class to produce promotional videos. One on “TC Reads” initiative and another Book Trailer. Videos will be run in November, as well as additional book trailers throughout the year.
- For 2012 “Teen Read Week” theme “It came from the Library”, we initiated lunch-time video showings of classic “Twilight Zone” episodes.
- Ordered and processed approx. $3,800 of new books, database renewals, and library supplies.
- Created displays for new materials; Hispanic Heritage Month; “Scary” books; College & Careers; Elections; YALSA “Top Ten”; and “Teen Read Week”.
Scenes from the TCW Library...
Skype Visit with Jay Asher, author of 13 Reasons Why
Monday, Nov. 19th 2012 at 3:30pm
Come join the Titan Book Club as we skype with Jay Asher, author of 13 Reasons Why.