Asa Packer News
August 20, 2021
Hello Asa Packer Families
Welcome to another school year!
We are so excited to start another year. After a year of challenges I am optimistic that those challenges only made us stronger. We, at Asa Packer, are so excited to have our students back with us in the classroom. We look forward to working with you as we begin our new year. I know we will make some great Puma Pride memories together! Please see below for some important information.
Teacher assignments for the 2021-22 school year were mailed home and should be arriving shortly. Class lists will not be posted at the building.
Please remember that teacher requests are not accepted. We have procedures in place for classroom assignments. All placements are also final.
If you moved over the summer, please submit updated contact information to the Main Office. This will allow mailings to be sent to the correct address. Verification of residency will be needed to update an address in the district system.
Any questions pertaining to transportation should be directed to that particular office. Information regarding district transportation for the 2021-2022 school year will be mailed to your home directly from the Transportation Office. The Transportation Department can be reached at 610-861-0360.
- All Kindergarten students will enter through the Kindergarten doors.
- Grade 1 students will enter through the Primary doors.
- Grade 2 and Grade 3 students will enter through the Main Entrance.
- Grade 4 and Grade 5 students will enter through the Intermediate doors.
- Bus students will enter through the appropriate Primary and Intermediate doors. They will be dismissed one bus at a time after the walkers have entered the building.
- If you are escorting your child to the door, please park in the lot. Please use your good judgement and keep safety the highest priority.
Staffing Updates and Changes
- Mrs. Baluta - Certified School Nurse
- Mrs. Campbell - Grade 5
- Mr. Donaldson - Second Shift Custodian
- Miss Garza - Grade 2
- Mr. Klotz - Head Custodian
- Mrs. Madl - Grade 5
- Ms. Mueller - Speech Therapist
- Mrs. Sivick - Additional Reading Specialist
Kindergarten Families - Save the Date / Supplies
Supplies for the upcoming year were included in our registration pamphlet and Welcome Letter. Our registration pamphlet is attached below.
Open House for Grades 1-5
Open House for Grades 1-5 for the 2021 - 2022 school year is scheduled for Thursday, September 2nd at 6:00pm. More information about this event will be forthcoming.
Message From Dr. Roy
Please view this IMPORTANT updated message from Dr. Roy.
Attached is a copy of the updated Tier Mitigation Plan, Daily Symptom Monitoring Chart, and Exclusion From and Return to School Chart.
Did you know that all BASD students will receive free meals for the 2021-2022 school year?
While meals are provided for all students regardless of household income, we still encourage families to complete the meals application. See the attached documents for more information.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 610-861-8135.