bluejay blog 22-23
Waseca Junior & Senior High School
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- OCT 18: Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:00-8:00 P.M. (see info below!)
- OCT 18: Financial Aid Night - 6:00 P.M., PAC
- OCT 19: Parent/Teacher Conferences - 7:30-11:30 A.M. (see info below!)
- OCT 20-21: MEA Break, NO SCHOOL
- OCT 25: Winter Sports Sign-Up (JH Girls Basketball & Girls Hockey ONLY)- 6:00 pm, PAC
- OCT 28: High School Fall Choir Concert - 7:00 P.M., PAC
- NOV 2: MN Honor Society Induction - 7:00 P.M., PAC
- NOV 7: Professional Day - NO SCHOOL
- NOV 7: Winter Sports Sign-Up (Remaining)- 6:00 pm, PAC
- NOV 11: Veterans Day Program
- - - - - OCTOBER 17, 2022 - - - - -
Fall Conferences for Waseca Junior & Senior High School are scheduled for October 18 & 19, 2022. Conferences will be held in person in teachers’ classrooms, and both open and scheduled times are available. The specific times and format are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 18: 4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M - In person, Open
- Tuesday, October 18: 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M - In person, Scheduled
- Wednesday, October 19: 7:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. - In person, Open
In order to meet with individual teachers you will need to schedule an appointment using SignUpGenius.
It is possible that you may not be able to meet with each of your student’s teachers. It is recommended that if you want a scheduled time, you sign up as soon as possible and narrow down the teachers to the few you want to visit with the most. Even still, if you are unable to schedule a time with a particular teacher, feel free to reach out to her/him individually to set up another time that works for both of you.
Click HERE to go to the SignUpGenius.
All 7th-12th grade teachers are organized alphabetically along the tabs at the top of the page.
Select the appropriate tab and schedule the time you want for the teacher.
Scroll to find the teacher’s schedule you are looking for, and select the date and time you want.
Click on the Submit and Sign Up button at the bottom of the page.
On the next page, you will see the teacher’s name and the date/time you selected for the conference. Please add your student’s first and last name in the My Comment box.
Next, add your name and email address and click the Sign Up Now button.
The next page will confirm the information you entered, and you will receive a confirmation email that will come from Leslie Madsen’s email address.
During the conference, teachers will set a timer for eight minutes as a reminder to wrap up the conference within the next two minutes to be ready for the next person.
The opportunity to schedule a conference through SignUpGenius will end at 12:00 P.M. on Tuesday, October 18. After that time, you will need to contact teachers directly.
Please call the JHHS at 507-835-5470 office if you have any questions.
FINANCIAL AID NIGHT
SENIOR BLUEJAY BRIDGE
- - - - - OCTOBER 11, 2022 - - - - -
2022 WASECA CAREER EXPO - REMINDER
We are excited to announce the Waseca Career Expo 2022! Waseca Public Schools, along with The Waseca Chamber of Commerce, is hosting this great opportunity to visit with local businesses and trades, as well as finding a pathway to a career, degree, or certification from the many colleges in attendance.
On Wednesday, October 12, the Junior and Senior students will be attending the Waseca Career Expo 2022. We are looking forward to having them speak with local businesses, trades, and colleges. The Expo will take place at The Mill Event Center and students will be bused form the high school and back.
The Expo will also be open to the public to attend 4:00-7:00 pm. This is a great opportunity available to our students and community members. We hope you will be able to attend!