4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary - Leander Independent School District
Week of January 20
What Are We Learning This Week?
- Author's Purpose
- Sitton List 16 - to be tested Friday 1/23
- homophone usage (their/they're/there, past/passed, etc.)
- Chapter 5 cont.-Settlers in North America & Texas
Science: Changing Earth
- Water cycle
- introductions for both expository and personal narrative
- continue work on expository writing piece
Our Current Week
- no school
- yellow specials day
- Homework due in math/reading/spelling
- green specials day - Mrs. Eddy's class, remember your library books!
- blue specials day
- purple specials day
- Spell Check over Sitton List 16 (see link for list below in HW section)
For which specials (PE, Performing Arts, Visual Art, Library) your child goes to on what day, please see the schedule page on our classroom website.
On the Horizon - Upcoming Dates
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The following dates, to the best of our knowledge at this time, are the dates for the 3rd and 4th 9 weeks that will affect your 4th grader. Please make note of them on your personal calendars. We'd appreciate it if you could limit appointments and absences as much as possible on our state testing days (Writing - 3/30, 3/31, Math - 4/21 and Reading - 4/22)...thanks!
Please update your calendars accordingly. Dates are subject to change; we will do our best to keep this current. If there are any additions from the previous week's newsletter, they will be in italics below.
- Board of Trustees Appreciation Month
Monday & Tuesday 2/2 & 2/3
- Staff February Conference - NO SCHOOL for students (please note, it is a 2 day break this year, vs. the 3 day break from past years
- Friendship (Valentine's) Party - 1:15-2:15
- Students can choose to make a Valentine box at home or they can use a bag to collect all of their Valentine's in.
- Class list will be sent home the week of February 2nd.
Monday 3/16 - Friday 3/20
- NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- PTA Spring Carnival (subject to change)
- STAAR Writing Test, Day 1
- STAAR Writing Test, Day 2
- end of 3rd 9 weeks grading period
- NO SCHOOL - student / staff holiday
- STAAR Math Test
- STAAR Reading Test
- NO SCHOOL - inclement weather makeup day
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Pioneer Farms; more info to come
Monday 5/4 - Friday 5/8
- Scholastic book fair in library
- school-wide Splash Day (times TBD; more info to come)
- Living Museum in the MPR: times TBD; more info to come
- NO SCHOOL - inclement weather make up day
- NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day Holiday
- 5th Grade Business Fair - during specials; tickets available that week for students that wish to purchase items. More information to come.
- last day of school; end of 4th 9 Weeks - HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!
- Blue packet handed out on Tuesday 1/20 and due on Monday 1/26 (posted on class website under Homework)
- 30 minutes per week of math fact practice (Xtra Math is recommended, but could use other websites and/or flash cards if you prefer)
- Online Reading Log & Questions - 80 minutes reading logged only
- Sitton List 16 Spell Check on Friday 1/23
- spelling homework sheet given out in class and due the following Monday 1/26
- Fill out your lunar calendar (received on Tuesday 1/20) each day with observations of the moon. This can be completed after school before bedtime each night and should take no more than 2 minutes.
Our PTA Rocks!
Temperature Check - Coats, Please!
Remember to BYOT - Bring Your Own Technology!
Elizabeth & Reanna