What is cyberbullying ?
"What is Cyberbullying" ?
Cyberbullying is bullying that happens over the internet . When people talk about you and make up rumors on social network to make fun of you and make you fell bad.
"Examples of cyberbullying"
An example of cyberbullying is mean messages, rumors posted on social networking sites, and embarrassing pictures, and videos
"Three differences between cyberbullying & bullying"
Cyberbullying can happen 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and can even happen when the kid is at home. Cyberbullying messages and embarrassing can be seen quick by a large amount of people and is sometimes hard to trace the source. And trying to delete inappropriate messages and pictures is very hard when they already been sent or posted.
"Effects of cyberbullying"
- Use of alcohol and drugs
- Skipping school
- Having lower self-esteem
- Not willing to attend school
- Having more health problems
"Prevention & Awareness"
- Ask for their passwords but only use it when is an emergency .
- Make sure you know what social networks they are using.
- "Friend" or "Follow" them on social networks .
- Encourage your kids to tell you if they are getting bullied online.
- Always know what they put on social networks and what they send in text messages.