Timeline: Facts About Immigration
- Every year in 2009 to 2011, more than 70% of non citizens came from Asia or North America.
- More than 1 million immigrants became citizens of the U.S.
- Almost 8% of the new citizens were children with relatives, who are current citizens, in the US. This included orphans.
-More than 550,000 legal citizens were women and more than 600,000 were married individuals.
-The majority of babies under age 1 were black, Hispanic, Asian, or another non-white race.
-There were 8.1 million unauthorized immigrants who worked or were looking for work in the U.S labor force.
- the Obama administration had removed nearly 2 million immigrants. It is the highest number under any president.
- President Obama announced his executive action on immigration. It would expand deportation relief.
-There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S.
Recipe to Be a U.S. Citizen
(WARNING: IT TAKES A VERY LONG TIME)
Ingredients:2 gallons of money
1 cup of a relative that is a U.S. citizen
1 cup of a non-citizen
1 tsp of Form I-30 (A petition)
1 tsp of affidavit of support (A document)
2 cups of pens
5 gallons of years
1 cup of U.S. Visa
1. Mix 1 cup of a relative, 1 tsp of Form I-30, and 1 cup of pens. This creates a filed petition from the sponsor.
2. Sprinkle in 1 tsp of affidavit of support, 1 cup of a non-citizen, and another cup of pens, to have proof of eligibility, and full financial responsibility of the non-citizen.
3. While mixing, gradually add 2 gallons of money to pay off application fees, medical exams and etc.
4. Finally, add 5 gallons of years and a cup of U.S. Visa. Wait for the papers to cool and be approved by the U.S. Visa.
5. After it has been approved, you now have yourself a legal U.S. citizen!