Week of August 30th 2021
Principal Message Week of August 30
Week of August 30 2021
We are onto Week 3!
I think students have all started to get used to the schedule and the rapid pace of 7 classes. Our school has been clean as students have been picking up after themselves and students have been wearing masks. A big thank you to our families for the support. Let's keep prioritizing the health of our students and community by continuing to wash, mask up, monitor our health and use hand sanitizer.
Also, a big thank you to families for getting your students here on time each day and for completing the wellness forms ahead of time. It is working well.
We will continue to use the link you have been using and we will continue to sed you a reminder @ 7:30 am each day.
All September meetings will be via zoom per CDC and district visitor guidelines. I updated the calendar below.
Grand Canyon & Outdoor Education Presentations
I would also like to thank the 200 families or so that joined us in our zoom presentations for Grand Canyon and Outdoor Education. I am providing links to those presentations below.
* Applications for Grand Canyon are in the front office and digitally in the slide deck . Outdoor education applications are not yet ready as it is coming from the county
Expectation Assembly for Students
Admin has been doing a 30 minute presentation to students on student activities, school expectations and behaviors. We have finished most of 6th and 7th and will be finishing up with 8th grade on Monday and Tuesday. It has been a lot of fun being in front of students presenting.
Let's have another good week.
Kennedy Middle School
Principal's Coffee Thursday September 2nd 8:30 am - 9:30 am
We will be having a virtual Principals Coffee the first Thursday of each month. (Virtual means we bring our own coffee ):)
These meetings are meant to update families on the month ahead as well as take questions and go on a small virtual tour.
*Principal's coffee is dependent on what is going on at school in the mornings especially if a teacher is absent admin may have to teach a class which means Principals coffee may be postponed.
Some info for parents / and Student:
- If a 7th and 8th grade student has not picked up their device the library is open during lunch for students to pick them up (We will remind students in the morning)
- If a student is having issues with their device students should inform their teacher
- Computer chargers are not allowed at school and should be kept home. Student should charge their devices the night before. (8 hour of battery life)
Powerschool Family Portal
Parents and students now have access.The Powerschool family portal gives you access to your student’s teachers’ grade book. It allows you to have a real time view of student progress throughout the year in each of their subjects.
You should know that Kennedy teachers are expected to have their grade books updated at least every two week (Many update daily).
All login information was provided at MAZE day attached to the students schedules. If you still need your login please contact Ms. Segundo firstname.lastname@example.org
Powerschool Mobile App District Code: ZXGZ
COVID Optional Testing for Interested Families (Message coming from DO)
Testing began at Kennedy school last Thursday and it seemed to go smooth. As a reminder COVID-19 testing is available
Testing schedule times are below:
Monday from 3:00 pm -5:00 pm
Thursday from 2:15 pm - 4:00 pm.
Testing will be on the corner of Goodwin and Connecticut.
Parents need to access the Primary Health Student registration form here to consent permission for testing.
Intramural Sports at Lunch (Students go by room 318 or email email@example.com) Families remind students
This week the photos you are seeing are from the Mandarin language program that we are happy has just joined Kennedy School. This program is an extension of the program at Orion Alternative.
Mandarin Program Info This info is also in our Family Handbook
Students and Family Handbook
Important School and District Links Highlighted in Red
In our effort to make our student and family handbook more accessible we have digitized it. Please understand that information in the handbook will be updated continuously to ensure families are informed.
* If you are unable to access this document digitally, a hard copy can be provided at MAZE day. A copy has also been included in the student's planner.
Sept 2nd Thursday- Principal’s Coffee Zoom 8:30-9:30 am
- Sep 6th Monday - No School
- Sept 14th-28th - IReady District assessment Window ELA / Math
- Sept 14th Tuesday- 8th Grade High School Info Zoom 7:00-8:00 pm
- Sept 23rd Thursday Back To School Night Zoom 5:45-7:15 pm
- Sept 28th Tuesday 6:00-7:00 Site Council
- Sept 28th Tuesday 7:05 pm-8:30 pm Meeting Sep 28 Zoom 7:00-8:30 pm