The Scoop on 3Sc
March 18, 2016
Mrs. Schaefer's 3rd Grade Class
Our Week of Learning from Mrs. Schaefer
- We finished reading Helen Keller today in class. Students will be wrapping up their book clubs next week and participating in some culminating activities to go along with the novel.
- We continued our unit on fractions this week. Students participated in center activities and completed a St. Patrick's Day Math Mystery.
- Multiplication fact fluency is still ongoing. Make sure your child is studying these at home!
- Math problem sets and homework will now be coming home with QR codes. If you have a QR code reader on your phone or tablet you can scan the code and it will pull up a video tutorial for the lesson. This is a great way to review the concepts being taught and assist your child their learning at home!
- This week students finished interviewing their biography partners. We will begin writing biographies on our classmates after Spring Break.
- On St. Patrick's Day students completed a "Luck of the Irish" flip-book, which was filled with various writing activities.
Also, due to the short week and my absence next week, I sent home spelling pre-tests with students this afternoon. These are the words they should be studying for their spelling test next week. We will take our spelling test on Thursday of next week. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Thursday, March 24 - Hat Day - Spirit Day
- Friday, March 25 - No School Spring Break
- Monday, April 4 - School Resumes
- Monday, April 11 - Biography Projects Due