Blue Haze Bulletin
Weekly Staff Newsletter 1/18 - 1/22
- How are you building positive relationships with your students? Parents?
- How does your rapport with students support their motivation and enthusiasm for learning?
- How much time do your students have each day for uninterrupted, independent reading of self-selected texts?
- How do you use student journals to celebrate the progress they've made throughout the year?
- How does your team plan instruction to focus on higher needs SEs?
Tuesday 1/19: Team Lead Meeting, 3:05 Conference Room
Wednesday 1/20: K-4 Team Lesson Planning Collaboration Time, Warm-up Wednesday
Thursday 1/21: Life Skills Meeting 3:05, Conference Room, $1 Wear Sweats Day, 3rd Six Weeks Ends, Grade Level PLCs
Friday 1/22: Staff Development Day, MPR
Monday 1/25: 4th Six Weeks Begins
Wednesday 1/27: Birthday Lunch/Soup Theme, Utopia; Staff Meeting, MPR, 3:05, Warm-up Wednesday
Thursday 1/28: Grade Level PLCs, PTA Executive Board Meeting
Don't forget to fill at least one bucket everyday! Every staff member has a bucket on the wall next to their door...let's spread some cheer and make our colleagues smile! A few words go a long way!
- When walking students to specials, walk the students all the way to the special teacher's door and wait to be sure that teacher is read to receive them at the correct drop off time. Students are walking to classes unsupervised and being dropped off early with no teacher in the classroom. Please be sure your class is supervised at all times.
- We are picking up disinfectant wipes. If you have wipes, please be sure wiping desks down is a part of your daily dismissal routine.
- If you have any issue or concern with a parent, please let Jim and I both know so we are aware before possibly being contacted by the parents.
- Please remember our campus-wide PBIS expectations. These expectations apply in any environment--classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, etc. We must be consistent with our expectations.
Sign In/Out Book
Anytime you leave campus during the day, you still need to sign out using the sign out sheet and contact admin so we're aware.
4th Grade Mentors
These are insightful, short articles...quick reads!
How do you support positive and effective communication with your team?
In what ways do you cultivate and maintain a warm, fun environment for learning?
How do you continuously promote GRIT in your classroom?
How could you incorporate focused attention practices throughout instruction?