To translate on a cell phone, click on the black and white circle on the bottom right. To translate on a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to your preferred language, click the black box to the right that says, "translate newsletter."
Para traducir en un teléfono celular, haga clic el círculo blanco y negro en la parte inferior derecha. Para traducir en una tableta, computadora portátil o computadora de escritorio a su idioma preferido, haga clic en el cuadro negro a la derecha que dice "translate newsletter.”
- 11/9: 5th-grade California Healthy Kids Survey
- 11/10: Lockdown Practice Drill
- 11/10: End of Trimester 1
- 11/11: Veteran's Day- No School
- 11/14-11/18: Getting to Know the CAASPP, Practice Tests
- 11/17: Fire Drill
- 11/17: Parent Meeting- topics- report cards and biliteracy
- Thanksgiving Break: 11/21-11/25
- Parent Conferences/early dismissal: 11/28-12/9
Parent Conference Schedule
Grade 1-5 Conferences: 11/28-12/9
Grade 1-3 Dismissal times- 1:20
Grade 4-5 Dismissal times- 1:40
The California Healthy Kids Survey
Parkview Parent Partner Meetings
From 5:30 to 6:30 we will meet with the parents of English Learners and parents of children in our dual immersion program to learn about biliteracy and bilingualism development.
Translation and childcare will be provided.
Parkview is a Green Ribbon School
Parkview students had fun during Red Ribbon Week showing we are drug free from head to toe!
School Site Council and the English Learner Advisory Committee
Parkview's Dual Immersion Students Celebrate Diverse Cultures!
SPARKS PE at Parkview
Getting To Know The CAASPP Test
Getting to Know the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress System (CAASPP)
November 14-18, 2022
Let’s get to know more about the CAASPP by taking practice tests in English language arts/literacy, mathematics, and science.
Parkview and all HESD students are preparing to take the Smarter Balanced Assessments this coming Spring as a part of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) System. The primary purpose of the CAASPP System is to assist teachers, administrators, students, and parents by promoting high-quality teaching and learning through the use of a variety of assessment approaches and item types.
The Smarter Balanced Summative Assessment tests will be taken in May. The English language arts, math, and science tests will not be taken on the same day. The tests will include critical thinking and problem-solving questions. These assessments are not timed, so students will have plenty of time to complete their tests.
For more information about the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments you can visit: https://bealearninghero.org/in-the-classroom/smarter-balanced/
Getting to Know the CAASPP: Starts November 14
Students in grades three through eight can take practice tests at school and home to prepare and understand the type of questions they will be given.
Students enrolled at HESD will have many opportunities to get comfortable with and prepare for Spring CAASPP testing.
Consistent practice with guidance from a classroom teacher will help our students to understand the testing format, features, and online tools.
Important opportunities for students to know what type of questions will be asked.
Professional learning for our staff as they learn the types, depth, and complexity of the CAASPP questions and apply them to everyday teaching and learning.
Practice tests WILL NOT be graded. Students and teachers will navigate the practice tests together in a safe and stress-free environment.
Students will build test-taking confidence as they work to show what they know and are provided support in solving more rigorous practice problems.
Students will practice sign-in procedures using their first name and SSID.
HESD will conduct three district-wide practice weeks and school sites will schedule other practice opportunities for students:
To see a practice test, visit the California Department of Education’s (CDE’s) Smarter Balanced Practice Tests Web page: https://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/practicetest.asp
Click this button to see our daily bell schedule. Please note the new kindergarten dismissal time. All kindergarten students will receive free lunch at school every day.
Procedures & Reminders
- Parents drop their children off at the front gate. All visitors must have an appointment, sign in at the office, and get a visitor's badge in order to enter campus in the morning or during school hours.
- Students in Kinder through 3rd grade must be picked up every day by an adult or walked home by an older sibling. Only children in 4th or 5th grade may walk home alone or with younger siblings.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided free for all students every day. If you bring a lunch to the school office after the start of the school day, you must let your child know before school that they need to come to the office to look for their lunch. We will not call children to the office to pick up lunch that has been dropped off.
- Click here for the Parkview dress code https://parkview.hueneme.org/o/parkview-elementary/page/dress-code
- Chips are allowed to be packed in student lunches but must be a single serving, and students are not permitted to share.
- Cell phones and smart watches must be powered off at all times while at school. Students who have their phones out or who are using their smartwatch for communication will be asked to leave their phone/ watch in the office and a parent will be asked to pick it up.