Vol. 1 Issue 10, September 26, 2018
A Message from Dr. Stone
Hello Timberwolf Nation!
It was another great week at WoodCreek! This past Monday, our PTA President, Beth Hays, was recognized at the Board Meeting for her work with our parents, staff and students. Also, our Adaptive PE teacher, Abbie Wylie, was recognized on Monday as well for receiving a Katy ISD Educational Foundation Grant for our Collaborative PE class. WCJH is honored to have such amazing parents and teachers representing our school!
Dr. Melinda Stone
WoodCreek Junior High
Coffee with the Principal
Thursday, Sep. 27th, 9-10am
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Fun Food Friday, October 12th
Remember to have your student bring cash to enjoy lots of CANDY, DRINKS, RAISING CANE'S CHICKEN STRIPS and DOUBLE DAVE'S PIZZA ROLLS! Fun Food Friday will take place during regular scheduled lunch periods.
PRE-ORDERS for Raising Canes and Double Dave’s were such a success that we are doing them again this year! Please click here to order your students meal.
PLEASE PRE-ORDER HOT MEALS by Tuesday, 10/9
- Raising Cane’s meals will only be available as a PRE-ORDER.
- We will have a few extra Pizza Rolls for sale the day of the event (limited quantity), but recommend pre-ordering to guarantee you child can purchase them.
- Raising Cane’s chicken strip meals with chips are $5 and Pizza Rolls are $4 for 2 rolls.
- To streamline pre-orders and make the lines run smoother we will be handing out wrist bands during lunch the week of Fun Food Friday to all of the students who pre-ordered. Please remind your student to keep track of these, as all students should wear their wristband on Fun Food Friday to pick up their pre-orders.
All Candy and Drinks are $1.00. No need to pre-order Candy and Drinks, we will have plenty for sale!
Also, NEW THIS YEAR, we will extend Fun Food Friday to breakfast! Your students can come to the cafeteria before school starts and enjoy donuts and other breakfast treats. More details to come!
"Leaving a Legacy" Courtyard Renovation Project
We Need Your Back to School Pictures!
Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
WCJH Parents of Gifted & Talented Students
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
As many of you may already know, one of our own WCJH students, Connor Warfield, is currently battling Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL).
In an attempt to help bring awareness and raise donations to help with the family’s medical expenses, we have set up a fundraiser named "Connor’s Crusaders".
Please consider purchasing a t-shirt or making a donation to help bring awareness to childhood cancer and support a very special T-Wolf family.
Thank you for supporting us in our effort to raise awareness and to honor Connor. Please feel free to share the link!!
Close Up Summer Trip for 7th Graders
PARENT MEETING 6:30PM ON OCTOBER 9TH
Close Up Founding of a Nation trip is for 7ht grade KISD students. We will travel to historic sites in our nation, including Gettysburg and Philadelphia. There is a parent information meeting at the Educational Support Complex (ESC) 6301 South Stadium LaneKaty, TX. For more information click the link below or email Leonora Hill.
Mental Health Minute
Student Council will be hosting the annual Heavenly Hats Parade on Friday, October 5, 2018 to support the Heavenly Hats Foundation. This foundation provides brand new hats to cancer patients in need.
Wristbands will be sold for $1 before school in the rotunda during the week of October 1-5. For this event, students will be allowed to wear a hat of their choice to school on Friday, October 5th as long as they are wearing their wristband. YOU MUST WEAR A WRISTBAND THAT DAY IN ORDER TO WEAR YOUR HAT.
Please see Mrs. Ganther in room #1195 or via email at email@example.com for any questions.
Junior Achievement at WCJH
Wednesday, Nov. 28th, 8:45am-4pm
1801 Woodcreek Bend Lane
We are looking for volunteers to come and teach Junior Achievement to our 6th grade students.
- WCJH will provide breakfast and lunch for our volunteers.
- Training is required but if you’ve already been trained, it’s not necessary to be trained again.
- Training is a webinar on: Tuesday, November 6th from 12-1 p.m., Monday, November 12th from 9-10 a.m. OR Tuesday, November 20th from 12-1 p.m.
Contact Chesse’ McDaris at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to help. Thanks!