In the LOOP vol. 11
KEEP CALM AND READ THE LOOP
GUEST SHOUT OUTS
Thank you HOLLY HICKS for planning the food drive with your girl scouts. Over 872 pounds of food was collected. Way to go!
MARY STIRE - Always willing to step in and share her creativity. The halls look awesome and so personalized to the Guest community.
Thank you LINDA GRINNEL - We appreciate you organizing additional Brain Gym/Motor Moms for our students. Thank you!
Go CASSIE BOYD - thanks for getting the ukuleles for our students. Recognizing their interests is so powerful.
Who would you like to recognize? Send me your Shout-outs to share!
MELANIE MCFADDEN invited to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in San Diego for ELEVATING & CELEBRATING EFFECTIVE TEACHING & TEACHERS (ECET2)
- Nurtures trust among teachers
- Focuses on each teacher's potential for growth
- Inspires both the intellect and the passion that drives teachers in their work
- Provides time for collaboration and learning
- Puts teachers in the lead
- Recognizes teachers as talented professionals
We are proud that one of our own will represent Guest Elementary and the Walled Lake District. Melanie will have an opportunity to be the "Voice" for all educators in the spirit of learning, collaboration, and celebration.
6th Jewish holiday of Hanukkah
7th Art Adventures 5th grade - invitation only 9:30 - 10:30 in Art Room
7th iReady Training for Michelle and Sarah 9:00 - 3:00 @ ESC
7th MHG PTA Meeting 7:00 - 8:00 PM
8th Hungry Howie’s Night
8th Tar War Posters are due
8th Conscious Discipline 4:15 - 6:30 PM
9th Second grade Teacher - to - Teacher at HWE
11th & 12th Central High School Collage Concert
MESSAGES FROM MICHELLE
- C.A.R.E. - Children At Risk Emotionally - if you are participating in this program, you should have received an email with your child(ren). See Monica if you did not get the information. Thanks for checking in on your C.A.R.E. child(ren) every day, and please remind each other. No matter what you do daily to make a difference for our children, celebrate and know that you are special.
- Lunchroom Behavior - Please discuss appropriate lunchroom behavior with your classroom. Your presence is important. When you pick students up , please come into the cafeteria and attend to students moving them out of the cafeteria, encouraging them to clean-up, etc Thanks for your support!
- Attendance - Please ensure you have a system set up so morning and afternoon attendance is completed.
TEACHER EVALUATION UPDATES
SHARE WITH FAMILIES
- REFLECTIONS PROGRAM: We only have one entry! Any ideas?
- PTA and School Website is packed with information to stay connected. New links for our website: http://wlcsd.org/schools/elementary/mary-helen-guest/
& shorter link: http://wlcsd.org/guest
1. I can learn anything, because I was born to learn.
2. I can train my brain through practice.
3. I can choose my thoughts when things are hard.
4. I know failure is an important part of my success.
5. I take ownership of my mistakes and learn from them.
6. I do not let setbacks keep me from accomplishing goals.
7. I believe that I can do hard things.
8. I take charge of my own learning.
9. I encourage others to have a growth mindset.
10. I celebrate my own growth and progress.
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING & RESOURCES - MINDFULNESS IN THE CLASSROOM
This would be a great for morning meetings until the "skill" is part of the culture in your classroom, or compliments what you are already doing...
Video that goes with article: