Orchestra News & Notes
Welcome Orchestra students & parents
- August 11 - All 7th and 8th grade students must bring their violin/viola in by this date (although they are encouraged to bring it the first week of school!) and cello/bass must pay the maintenance fee to receive full credit for their daily rehearsal grade.
- August 14 - 6th Grade parent meeting in cafeteria
- August 15 - Deadline to sign up for Kendall and GCYS Honor Orchestras
- August 23 - Kendal & GCYS Honor Orchestra Auditions at Hull MS
- August 29 - Sign-up deadline for Solo & Ensemble Evaluation, form and fee due($4 per person per ensemble, $7 per solo + accompaniment must be arranged by student)
- Returning cello and bass players must pay the instrument maintenance fee through My Payments Plus ($60 for the year). This will be available starting August 5.
- 7th and 8th graders do not need to purchase a new method book, a class set will be provided.
- 6th grade parents should wait until the meeting on the 14th to purchase or rent an instrument.
- The concert uniform will remain the same, all black.
- Check the links to the side for more important dates and information.
Meet Mrs. Duncan
Greetings! I am so excited to be here at Bay Creek as the new orchestra director. I can already tell this is a very supportive school, and I'm glad to be back working with my favorite age group! Here's a little about me:
- I am a Gwinnett County native, graduated from Parkview HS in 1998.
- I earned by Bachelor of Music Eductation from Georgia State University.
- I am married to another GCPS graduate and we have 2 children, ages 6 and 3.
- I earned my Master of Music from the University of Michigan in 2007.
- My teaching experience includes 6 years at Shiloh Middle and 5 years at Shiloh High.
- My primary instrument is viola, but I am proficient on 7 different instruments.
- My hobbies include spending time with my family, sewing, and volunteering at my church.
8th Grade & High School Combined Concert
Thursday, Oct. 30th, 6pm
50 Hope Hollow Rd
The 8th Grade Orchestra will combine with both Couch MS 8th grade orchestra and selected ensembles of the Grayson High School Orchestra program for a fun-filled Halloween themed concert!