United States Embassy in Turkey is an _____________ within that country, but it is legally a part of the United States.
n. 1) A country entirely or mostly enclosed within the territory of another country
2) A district or group isolated or enclosed within a larger one
ROOTS: CLAVIS <L. "key"
[en = in <L. "in"]
Choose the sentence in which the bold faced word is used incorrectly
- The campers were directed to the enclave where they would live when they entered the park.
- The cave's enclave shape made every noise echo loudly.
- During medieval times, gypsies were sentenced to live in their own enclaves outside of cities, as they were seen as dirty.
- The attack on the US enclave in Iran in the 1970s led to the Iranian hostage crisis that ruined relations with the two countries.