By : Sarah & Derricka
- Farmers, butchers, hunters, and veterinary staff.
How to get Brucellois
- People can get the disease when they are in contact with infected animals or animal products contaminated with the bacteria.
Prokaryote , Eukaryote or Neither ?
- Eukaryote . Eukaryote is a cell with a true nucleus; a cell with a nuclear membrane and organelles
Appetite loss , back pain , chills , lethargy , pain in the abdomen , pain in the joints , fever that comes and goes , weight loss.
Survival Rate ?
How deadly is the disease ?
Threat to livestock.
Where is it most prevalent ?
Global in distribution and it is endemic in many geographic locations including the mediterranean and middle east regions, indian subcontinent, Mexico and part of central and south america.
- Brucellosis is an infectious disease caused by bacteria from the genus Brucella.
- Brucellosis is an infection of certain animals that is transmitted to humans.
- Humans acquire brucellosis when they come in contact with contaminated animals or animal products, most commonly from the ingestion of raw milk or cheese.
- The symptoms of brucellosis may include fever, sweating, body aches, and joint pain.
- Brucellosis is typically diagnosed through blood tests and by isolating the organism from blood and other body tissues.
- A multidrug antibiotic regimen is the cornerstone of treatment for brucellosis.
Is this disease currently a problem across the world?
Global in distribution and it is endemic in many geographic locations including the mediterranean and middle eat regions, indian subcontinent, Mexico and part of central and south america.