GSES Pre-K News
A Peek Into Our Week
Motivation to Read
Motivation to read is a child’s eagerness and willingness to read. To encourage your child:
- Read both fiction and nonfiction books to your child.
- As you read, ask open-ended questions. For example, ask “What do you think is going to happen when we turn the page?” or “Why did the boy go outside?”
- Use everyday life experiences to build your child’s vocabulary.
- Encourage imaginative play and storytelling.
Wiggly Worm Dirt Cups
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 qt. (4 cups) cold milk, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) container thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 20 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 16 worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- PREPARE vanilla and chocolate pudding mixes separately with milk as directed on packages. Let stand 5 min. Stir 1/2 cup COOL WHIP into each bowl of pudding.
- SPRINKLE 1 Tbsp. cookie crumbs into bottom of each of 8 (6-oz.) dessert cups; top each with layers of 1/4 cup vanilla pudding, 1 Tbsp. cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup chocolate pudding. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- INSERT 2 fruit snacks into each dessert just before serving.
Greetings from the music room! Your little one has been thinking about you all week long in music class. We love our mommies and our daddies and have prepared a little song for you. (Since we won’t be in school for Father’s Day, we’d like to include the dads in this celebration as well.) Right click to open the hyperlink on your teacher’s name to see the video:
That’s not all! Here is another song- that your child would love to sing along with- to tell you how wonderful you are in their eyes:
Enjoy and Happy Mother’s Day!
Barnyard Breakfast, May 27th from 8-10
thfrom 8:00-10:00 for all Pre-k students and families. Students will be dismissed following the picnic at 10 o’clock. The slideshow will begin at 8 o’clock in Mackey Chapel followed by food and fun in the yard area of Kelsoe Cottage. We hope to see everyone for this fun-filled summer send off!