Early Achievers E-Blast!
~ STRESS ~ STRESS ~ STRESS ..............
FROM HEAD TO TOE!
Deep muscle relaxation or "Progressive Relaxation" is a proven way to reduce stress.
Progressive Relaxation helps you relax by tightening and releasing different muscle groups in your body. Below is an example using your feet.
- Sit comfortably.
- Flex your toes towards your head.
- Feel the tension that occurs in your feet, ankles, and lower legs.
- Pay close attention to the feelings of tightness and tension. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Now relax your feet, let them return to their normal position.
- Feel the difference in your feet, ankles, and lower legs; where it was tense, there is now a feeling of relaxation.
TIP: You can do your entire body, making your way from your feet all the way up to your head.
You can do this at home, in your classroom, on the bus, in the car, or anywhere!