We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
January 29th, 2016
In your child's folder, you will find their January Report Card. Please review the report card, along with the supporting paperwork. Also, please sign the envelope and return on Monday. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- We celebrated our January Birthdays. Happy birthday Teegan, Arianna, Liam, and Mia!
- We continued working on our Expert Books in Writer's Workshop. We are in the drafting step of the writing process which means we are beginning to write our sentences. We are so excited to share everything we know about our expert topic!
Things we've learned...
- We learned the following high frequency words: see and look. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: arch, barn, blacksmith, celebration, soldier, and sprinted.
- We learned the following letters and sounds: Dd and Kk.
- In math, we continued subtraction. We are still learning how to take objects away from a group and find out how many are left.
Books we've read...
- Little Quack by Lauren Thompson
- George Washington Visits by Dennis Fertig
- Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner
- Bucket Filling from A to Z by Carol McCloud and Caryn Butzke
Star of the Week
Liam was our star student this week. He will be presenting his poster to us next week. Picture to follow...
- If you pack something in your child's lunch that requires a fork or spoon, please send the utensils in your child's lunch box. Thank you!
- The winter is bound to bring more absences. If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!