Your Weekly Update from Johnson Elementary School
Dear Johnson Families,
Welcome back to the 2022-2023 school year! We hope that you are enjoying a wonderful summer break. The beginning of a new school year is filled with excitement and perhaps some jitters. This letter is intended to provide information that you or your child may find helpful about the opening of school. Most importantly, I am looking forward to meeting all of you and partnering with you on behalf of our students.
We are eager to help all of our students to feel safe and experience a smooth transition into a different grade level. During the first few days of school, students will participate in team building activities designed to help them become familiar with the school building, daily routines, their teachers, and each other.
We believe in strong family partnerships, a safe setting for all to learn and succeed, a supportive environment and a school filled with a buzz of excitement. It is with great anticipation that I look forward to the beginning of the new school year.
It is an honor for me to serve as the interim principal in our school community. Some small facts about me…I love all of our seasons here in New England. However, summer might be my favorite because I can swim in the ocean and enjoy more time in nature. Since retiring in June 2020, I began learning about gardening and have really enjoyed watching our plants grow. However, this severe lack of rain over the past two months has not been kind to our garden.
Looking forward to cooler days and a great school year! I hope to see all of you on or before Wednesday, August 31.
John F. Jordan
- Tuesday, August 30th - Meet and Greet with the Principal 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday, August 31st - The first day of school - dismissal at 2:56PM for all students
- Monday, September 5th - School closed in observance of Labor Day
- Wednesday, September 14th - Picture Day
- Wednesday, September 21st - Early Release Day (Dismissal at 12:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Sept. 21st Johnson Curriculum Night (6:00-8:00pm) - More info coming soon!
- Monday, September 26th - School closed in observance of Rosh Hashanah
- Wednesday, October 5th - School closed in observance of Yom Kippur
Welcome Back to the 2022-2023 School Year!
Six Things You Need to Know
1 - THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
We are returning to pre-COVID routines for the first day of school. All of our faculty and staff will be outside on Wednesday, August 31 to greet our students. Different grade levels will meet at different entryways on this day:
- GRADE ONE: Will continue to enter through the back entryway as they did last year. Staff will be at the doors from 8:20-8:30am.
- GRADE TWO, THREE & GRADE FOUR: Grade 2 will line up at the main doors. Grade 3 at the door closest to the gym and Grade 4 will line up at the door closet to the library.
2 - THE SECOND DAY OF SCHOOL & ALL OTHERS
All students (bus, drop off, walkers) will line up at their designated doors. Teachers will pick up their students each day. Students may attend breakfast and can enter through the main entryway and proceed to the cafeteria. Breakfast is from 8:00-8:20am. Please note that parents are not allowed to walk their students into the school. Please say your goodbyes on the hard top.
3 - ARRIVAL AT JOHNSON
Students will not be admitted into the building prior to 8:25am unless they are attending Breakfast. (8:00-8:20am). Parents who are driving their student to school may park on Walcott Street or on Pitts Street. Please do not block our Johnson neighbors driveways.
4 - PICKUP PATROL AND SETTING UP DEFAULT DISMISSAL PLANS
Pick Up Patrol is now open. Please go in and set up the default plans for your child.
DEFAULT PLANS MUST BE SET UP BY TUESDAY, AUGUST 30TH.
How it Works:
Set up your default plan.
Please note: Default plans must be set up using the web version (on a computer) of PickUp Patrol. Default plans cannot be set up from a cell phone or iPad
Once your child’s default plan is set up it will be in place for each day through the school year. You can change your default plan if things change during the year.
5 - MEDICATION DROP OFF
Will your child require medication during the school day this year? Medication drop off with Mrs. Gilbert will be Monday August 29th from 8:30- 10:15 and Tuesday August 30th from 1:30- 2:30. Please follow the guidelines and provide the proper forms from this link: https://www.natickps.org/departments/health_services. (Please refer to quick links 1-4 and provide what is applicable for your child.)
6 - REQUIRED YEARLY FORMS
You should have received an email from PowerSchool to complete your required yearly forms. Please complete these ASAP. If you did not receive an email please reach out to the main office.
Instrumental Music Program
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who attended our showcase nights! There will be a final showcase night on September 1st from 5-7 at Natick High School. Attendance is not required to sign up for band or orchestra in the fall. Sign-up for lessons, band and orchestra are open for the entire summer!
Speak Up, Natick!
Send us your questions or ideas via Speak Up, Natick!
Bullying Incident Report
Use this form to report a bullying incident.
View the latest COVID-19 updates from NPS.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5
(508) 647-6680 | Absences: Use Pickup Patrol