Everyday Words "Under God"

Issues in the Pledge

Should the words "Under God" be in the the Pledge of Allegience?

80% of the United States belive in God, the problem is the other 20%. They have a problem with the name of a different God being in the Pledge of Allegience

Pro vs Con

Pros: • It supports the Cathlioc Church.           • Supports Majority Rules            Is a slap to face to all other Religions Cons Dt help other Religions•Shows other religions that the Goverment supports that religion•Discuriges other Religions

Citation

"Recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools is fully consistent with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The words of the Pledge echo the conviction held by the Founders of this Nation that our freedoms come from God. Congress inserted the phrase 'One Nation Under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance for the express purpose of reaffirming America's unique understanding of this truth, and to distinguish America from atheistic nations who recognize no higher authority than the State." American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ Jan. 12, 2004

God

God is a Eternal being who created and Preserves The world. God is both transendent and immanent. God can Do anything so said in Christian Religion.