Updates and Reminders
December 16, 2021
A Few Highlights!
Our Celebration Video 3.0 has been released. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues. Small schools...BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
Please click on the link above to smile and enjoy.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!
1. The Holiday Break is almost upon us. Our schools will be closed December 20 - January 3. Please plan accordingly and enjoy the time spent with family and friends. The second semester will begin on Tuesday, January 4.
2. With the approvals from the Centers for Disease Control & the Food & Drug Administration, Hendricks Regional Health and the Hendricks County Health Department have vaccine clinics available for everyone ages 5 & older. The C-19 vaccines are the most effective way to prevent serious illness and hospitalization from the virus. We will send updates for the availability of the vaccines through HRH & the HCHD. The C-19 pediatric vaccines are also available at local pharmacies.
3. We need everyone to continue to do their part in minimizing the spread of Covid-19. Daily health screenings by everyone is imperative. Covid-19 symptomatic individuals or symptomatic individuals for other illnesses need to stay home. If you are getting tested, please stay home until you receive the results. Please report absences to our schools.
4. The labor shortage and Covid-19 have impacted our school bus transportation department. We have needed to consolidate bus routes, may need to consolidate further, and may need to eliminate routes. We will need all families to prepare accordingly for alternative transportation in an emergency situation and potentially long-term. We will continue to explore other opportunities associated with school bus transportation (walking zones, parent transportation, etc.). Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated and expected. Please consider joining our transportation team as a bus driver and/or passing along the opportunity to others. The application process and paid training information are available on our website.
5. The federal mandate for public transportation continues requiring all occupants to properly wear a face mask. Students need to provide and wear their own mask on a daily basis. Student compliance is mandatory to continue to ride the school bus and contact tracing has been reduced to a 3 foot radius since all occupants are wearing a mask!
6. Please click on the buttons below for additional information. We aim to keep you informed!
- School Board Highlights, December 8, 2021
- "Teacher Tuesday" - Diana Morrow, Art Teacher, Cascade High School
- A Guide to School Delays & Closings
- Return to Instruction Protocols for the 2021-22 school year
- Employment opportunities. Please consider serving our school district by joining our team as a substitute teacher, bus driver, or substitute bus driver. We need YOU! Please spread the word!
- MC Plus Information
- Quick Links to Maintain Communication!
- Food Service Updates - FREE breakfast and lunch meals for ALL Students through July 30, 2022!
- 2021-22 Academic Calendar - Revised Approved 6/9/21
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar - Approved 6/9/21
7. The MCCSC School Board meetings will be held at the Administrative Services Center, 6631 S. CR 200 W, Clayton, IN 46118. The monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:00 pm.
The MCCSC Plan for COVID-19
Our Guiding Principles
- Adapting personal behaviors to ensure everyone's health.
- Respecting the necessity of some inconveniences and forego some favored activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience to adapt to the fluid situation.
Covid-19 Testing: Test results from a verified site (IDOH/HCHD) or medical providers office will be recognized by MCCSC. Symptomatic individuals should quarantine per CDC/IDOH/HCHD.
Please click on the buttons below for additional information. Be in the KNOW!
CHS "National Blue Ribbon School" and CMS "Schools to Watch"
Please click on the following links to enjoy some of the best aspects of Mill Creek Community School Corporation. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues!
Thanks for all you do to provide support, insistence, and high expectations!
We are small schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
We are ...
- "A" rated school corporation
- "A" rated schools
- Four Star Schools
- eLearning School Corporation
- Riley Children's Foundation Miracle School Corporation
- Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon School Recipient
- Cascade Middle School - 2020 Schools to Watch Recipient
Jim Diagostino, Ed.S.
Mill Creek Community School Corporation
Excellence in Achievement, Attitude, and Actions
Small Schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES