Class of 2021
Updates on graduation and the senior experience
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
Spring Lake Park High School Seniors and Families:
Graduation is just one week away. We have a lot of important information for you this week to help prepare for next week’s Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony at Mariucci Arena on Friday, June 11 at 7 p.m. Find these updates and other information at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation.
- Graduation Rehearsal – Thursday, June 10: On the last day of school, Thursday, June 10, seniors will have their last senior meeting and participate in a graduation rehearsal at the high school. Additionally, they will turn in their school-issued iPad, case, and official Apple charger. It is required that all seniors participating in the graduation ceremony attend this rehearsal, so they have all the necessary information needed to make this a successful graduation event.
- 8:45 a.m. - Senior Meeting in the Fine Arts Center
- 9:15 a.m. – Turn in iPads along with any school curriculum in the Auxiliary Gym
- 9:45 a.m. - Senior Rehearsal in the Panther Gym
- Commencement expectations and behaviors: Spring Lake Park High School Commencement is a dignified event designed to honor our graduates. We ask everyone involved to help ensure this is a positive, memorable event. We have specific guidelines around expectations and behaviors for the graduating class that we will walk through at the senior meeting. They also can be found at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation
- Commencement at Mariucci Arena: We will abide by the Mariucci Arena protocols for the upcoming commencement ceremony.
- U of M Health and Safety protocols: We will follow U of M health and safety protocols for commencement. Face masks are optional for anyone fully vaccinated (two weeks after last shot). Masks are expected to be worn by those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Parking and Costs: Guests are encouraged to park in Lot 37 (North of 3M Arena at Mariucci) and the Maroon Lot (East of 3M Arena at Mariucci). The cost to park is $1/hour and a flat rate of $5/day. Find a map of the recommended parking and directions at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation. If your student needs a ride to graduation, please contact the high school main office.
- Time and place for entry: Graduates should arrive in Mariucci Arena by 6:15 p.m., loading Dock Entrance, 1912 5th St SE, Minneapolis, 55455. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for guests. Families and guests should enter through the main arena doors. Please check the Bag Policy for items allowed in the arena. Accessible entry can be found via the east and southwest power assisted entrances. Mariucci Arena ushers will be available for those needing special assistance getting to their seat.
- Miscellaneous things to know:
- Commencement programs will be available on tables on the concourse. Guests will be able to help themselves to a program.
- A photographer will be in the arena to capture moments of the Class of 2021 and we will share an online album with families the week after the event. Professional photos will not be taken as graduates cross stage. Make sure to sign up for a time during the June 10-11 photo opportunity at the high school where a professional photographer will be available to take an individual photo for you to purchase at a later time should you choose to do so. See below.
- Concessions will not be available at 3M Arena at Mariucci.
- Balloons are not allowed in the arena.
- Photo Opportunity at Spring Lake Park High School - June 10 and 11: If you have not done so already, please sign up for a timeslot to come to the high school to take graduation photos on Thursday, June 10 from 4-8 p.m. or Friday, June 11 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Learn more about the photo opportunity event at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation.
- Complete senior survey to receive a final transcript: Counselors cannot send a student's final transcript to their college unless they have completed the senior survey. Seniors can complete the senior survey in Naviance now until the final day of school. Transcripts are typically sent to colleges the week of June 21.
- Yard signs still available for pick up: If haven’t picked up your yard sign but would still like one, please stop at the front office to pick up your sign.
We are working hard to make this a memorable experience for our graduates and families and are excited to gather for this joyous event soon. Stay tuned for one final Class of 2021 update next week before the ceremony.
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.