Mrs. Bennett's First Grade Class
September 6, 2013
We will continue our unit on understanding addition. We are learning that when you join two parts together, they form a whole! We have been learning about number patterns, putting parts together, part/part/whole boards, and how to draw a picture (represent) to help us solve problems. Our learning target is: I can represent and solve problems with addition.
Feel free to continue reading and writing numbers up to 120 and solving simple addition problems. My website has a lot to help! Go to math and then either numbers or addition or addition story problems.
Reading / Phonics
We are continuing our work with vowel town to help us learn our vowel sounds.
- We have snack every day at 2:00.
- We go to the library on Thursday mornings. Please leave your child's library books in their backpack so they can trade every week.
- There is an Ice Cream Social on September 10. Hope to see you there and enjoy some delicious ice cream!!
- September 11 is an early release day.
- Your child brought home a fundraiser for the Walkathon. All money is due by September 18. Thanks for your support!
- There is not going to be a formal Parent Information Night this year. We have created a presentation for you to view about First Grade. There will be a link coming out soon, or you can go to my website - click on Parent Resources - click on Newsletters, and view it now. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and I will help clarify anything.
Tuesday - PE
Wednesday - Art / Early Release
Thursday - Art / Library
Friday - Music