Merryhill School News
November 16, 2018
Just a reminder of the upcoming holiday changes to our school programming and hours:
- November 19-21 - No instructional classes
- November 22-23 - School closed for Thanksgiving holiday
- December 21 - January 4 - Winter Break - no instructional classes
- December 24-25 - School closed for Christmas holiday
- December 31 - Close at 4:30 pm
- January 1 - School closed for New Year holiday
As the cooler temperatures have arrived (and now back to 70 degrees today), I want to remind you our outdoor policies. We will go outside to recess if the temperature is 40 degrees or above, so please send outdoor appropriate attire (coats, etc.).
Nut Free School
Please be reminded that we are a nut free school. In order to protect our students with these severe allergies, we remind you that students cannot have peanut or other nut products (including peanut butter, Nutella, etc.). Thank you for helping us keep all of our students safe.
Child Protective Services Angel Tree
We are proud to be launching our annual Child Protective Services Angel Tree. We have participated in this project for well over 25 years and are so excited to continue to support such a need in the community. We have the tags in the office until we put our Christmas trees up next week; at that point, we will have the tags on the tree. If you would like to "adopt" one of these children, which have all been classified as abused or neglected, please take a tag. You will then purchase holiday gifts and attach the tag to your bag. Please do not use wrapping paper; the caseworkers need to be able to see inside the bags before delivering the packages. The gifts will be due by Monday, December 3rd.
Parenting - Give Thanks
Parenting is a difficult job, and we are often so hard on ourselves questioning if we are making the right decisions where our children are concerned. Give yourself a break and take a moment to watch this Ted Talk. Your life as a parent is one of the most rewarding jobs that we can have. Enjoy your children this holiday!
Parent's Night Out - November 30, 2018
Today is the last day to sign up for our Parent's Night Out on Friday, November 30th. Do not miss your opportunity for this great night for both you and your child!
Mark Your Calendar
- December 7th - Kindergarten and First Grade Holiday Program 3:00
- December 14th - Second through Sixth Grade Holiday Program 3:00
- December 14th - Polar Express Event 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- December 20th - Classroom holiday parties and book exchange
- November 19-21: No instructional classes
- November 22-23: School closed for the Thanksgiving holiday
- November 30: Fantastic Friday
- November 30: Spirit Day
- November 30: Parent's Night Out - 6:45-10:00 p.m.
- December 3: CPS Angel Tree gifts due
- December 5: 4th, 5th, and 6th grades deliver Angel Tree gifts to CPS
- December 5, 6, and 7: Buy One, Get One Free Scholastic Book Fair - great chance to get some holiday books and gifts
- December 6: Jungle Patrol fundraiser prize
- December 7: Kindergarten and 1st Grade Holiday Program 3:00 p.m.
- December 7: Big Steps, Little Feet 9:30 a.m.
- December 10-14: Snow Time Shop
- December 11: CiCi's Pizza Night
- December 11: Lunch Bunch
- December 14: Polar Express Event 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- December 14: 2nd-6th Grades Holiday Program