Can you believe we are already in Week 4? This week we are continuing work on Unit 2, Las Relaciones Personales (Personal Relationships). Just a reminder that as we continue to go through the semester, all units are now 2 weeks, with specific assignments being due each week. Students only have to attend one RLC every two weeks, but are encouraged to attend more than one per unit if they want to. If students were unable to attend an RLC last week, they can still attend an RLC this week. Assignments are due each Friday evening at 11:55pm. Last, students are encouraged to work ahead in the class! Students have several assignments (10) due this week, including a Final Project for Unit 2. Below is a list of what is due this week.
Final Project for Unit 2
Here is some brief information about Unit 2 final project:
- It is an opportunity for students to showcase what they have learned in the current unit. Students need to incorporate the vocabulary and the grammar from the unit.
- Create a family album about 10 members of their family. Students can talk about their own family or create a family.
- Students need to have a written narration for each picture.
- Students need to have an audio for each picture that is different than the written narration.
- Use a Web 2.0 program to organize their presentation: Wobook, Storybird, Photoshow, o Glogster are just some of the Web 2.0 programs available. (PowerPoint and Google Slides are not acceptable.)
- Submit the presentation through the designated assignment.
- If students use an image found in Google Images or any other image retrieval service, they need to cite the image in its original context. (See the assignment for more information.)
Required Live Class for Unit 2
Students have 4 opportunities to attend an RLC for Unit 2 this week. If your student was not able to attend an RLC last week (or this week) due to conflicts, school activities, etc., please tell your student to contact me so that we can work out an alternate plan for the missed RLC.
Culture Cafe for Extra Credit for participation grade
Students have the opportunity to attend sessions in the Culture Cafe for extra credit. Last week several students attended the Culture Cafe on "France: Paris Monuments" and told me how interesting it was! This extra credit for attending a Culture Cafe goes towards their participation grade. In addition, students can attend any of the sessions as it does not have to be about Spanish. Below is a list of the various Culture Cafe sessions for students for February. Students can click on the Culture Cafe Block/Button on the main Moodle page to enter the session. After attending a Culture Cafe session, students will complete a reflection about the class and submit it for extra credit.
Digital Learning Day!
Digital Learning Day is February 17! NCVPS has several activities planned! Ask your student what his/her favorite part of digital learning is? Digital Learning means we need to be responsible digital learners! Consider the suggestions below.
Peer Tutor Center
I want to remind students that the Peer Tutor Center is available to help them. Students can click on BBIM or through UpSwing to find a tutor to help them. Maybe they need some help navigating through the course or maybe they need help with Spanish. Peer Tutors are waiting to help them! Please encourage students to use this great resource available for them. Watch the video below to help you and your student understand how to connect with a Peer Tutor.
Students should have completed Unit 2, lessons 1 and 2 last week (by Friday evening, February 5). Check with your student and make sure they are up to date with all assignments! Please contact me if you have any questions/concerns about your student's progress. Progress reports go out to schools this week, but it up to the individual school as to whether they send the progress report to the parents. Parents, I have communicated with all of you via email, text or phone this past weekend about your student's progress. Please always feel free to contact me if you have a question or concern about your student's progress or any of the assignments.