Week of 2/27/2023
Quote of the Week
- Andrew Weil (Spontaneous Happiness, p. 154)
Important Things to Know!
- Class Registration - Registration is here. In regards to signing up for band classes for next year, all students should sign up for Symphonic Band, UNLESS they auditioned for and were accepted to Wind Ensemble. Honors Credit will be added later to Symphonic Band.
- MPA Preview Concert
Our next big event is our MPA Preview Concert. This will take place on Thursday, March 2, 2023. The High School portion of the concert will begin at 7:30 PM. Call time for all high school students is 6:30 PM in the band room.
- Music Performance Assessment (MPA)
In just three weeks, each ensemble will get to travel to Lenoir Rhyne University for MPA. It would be wonderful if we could pack the auditorium with Davie Band Supporters! See below for each band's performance time.
Concert Band - Tuesday, March 21 @ 3:40 PM - P.E. Monroe Auditorium
Symphonic Band - Wednesday, March 22 @ 3:40 PM - P.E. Monroe Auditorium
Wind Ensemble - Thursday, March 23 @ 5:45 PM - P.E. Monroe Auditorium
- Upcoming Fundraisers
See below regarding our Sponsorship Calendar!
2023 Band Sponsorship Calendar
What is it and how does it work? - Each student will receive a paper calendar. Their job is to ask friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc. if they would like to sponsor a day on the calendar. The date that they choose is the donation that they give. Examples of this are: Donor chooses March 25th, they would donate $25. Donor chooses March 1st, they would donate $1. Donors are not limited to just one day. Also, if a Donor chooses March 25th and donates $30, that is okay!
What are we selling? - The only thing you are selling is support of the Davie Band Program and its' students. No popcorn, chocolates, trinkets, or cups. Just financial support. The program gets 100% of the funds donated...NOT just a percentage of the donation. Most fundraisers give organizations 10-30% of the profits, this gives us 100%.
Are donations tax deductible? - YES, the Davie Band Boosters is a Non-Profit 501-C3 Organization. All donations are tax deductible. If a donor needs a certified letter, please let either Melinda Oldham or I know.
What is the fundraising potential of this? - If each student gets sponsors for their full calendar, they would raise $496 in donations. Multiply $496 by our 160 students and that equals $79,360. This fundraiser has the potential to be a GAMECHANGER for our program. This would mean that we could provide the BEST equipment for the students of the Davie Band Program.
What did we raise last year, and what is our goal this year?
Last year we raised just shy of $15,000. It would be AWESOME for us to reach the $20,000+ mark this year.
When will this start?
Students will get their calendar on March 1st and they will have 2 weeks to get their donations.
Get Started Early on Your Calendar! Click Below.
Spring Band Calendar
Marching Band Announcements!
Band Camp (Required for ALL Marching Band Members) will be the following days:
- Monday, July 31: 8:00-3:00 - Drumline and Leadership
- Tuesday, August 1: 8:00-3:00 - Drumline and Leadership
- Wednesday, August 2: 8:00-3:00 - Drumline, First Year Marchers, and Leadership
- Thursday, August 3: 8:00-3:00 - Drumline, First Year Marchers, and Leadership
- Friday, August 4: 8:00-3:00 - Drumline, First Year Marchers, and Leadership
- Monday, August 7: 8:00-3:00 - EVERYONE
- Tuesday, August 8: 8:00-3:00 - EVERYONE
- Wednesday, August 9: 8:00-3:00 - EVERYONE
- Thursday, August 10: 8:00-3:00 - EVERYONE
- Friday, August 11: 8:00-3:00 - EVERYONE
Regular Practices (Percussion - Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00; Everybody - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:00) will begin on August 15 and August 17 and will continue until the end of the marching band season. Our regular practices begin two weeks before school officially begins. This is a necessity because the football season begins BEFORE school starts.
March Band Booster Meeting
Tuesday, March 7th, 7-9pm
Davie County High School Band Room
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
MPA Preview Concert - Featuring MS and HS Bands!
Thursday, March 2nd, 6pm
Davie County High School Auditorium
South Davie - 6:30 PM
William Ellis - 7:00 PM
Davie High Bands - 7:30 PM