Ryan Elementary 1st Day Reminders
Welcome Back from Mrs. D!
It's hard to believe that tomorrow is our first day of school! I am more ready than I have ever been and the staff is so excited to welcome back all of our Rhinos for a great year. Please take a couple of minutes this evening to read through this important information.
School starts at 7:50 a.m. It is NOT a late start day!
In this newsletter you will find details on the following:
- First Day of School
- Staffing Update
- Class Lists
- Before/After School Reminders and Updates (please read carefully)
- District Reminders/Information
See you tomorrow!
1st Day of School
- First Day of School: The first day of school for all 1st-5th graders will be Wednesday, August 17th. There will NOT be a late start on this day.
- Kindergarten Kickoff Days: Wednesday, August 17th-Friday, August 19th. All kinder students will attend a half day.
Kindergarten Kickoff Details:
- This year, we are so excited to have three half-days to get to know your child at the beginning of the school year. Your child will either attend school in the AM or the PM on August 17th, 18th, and 19th. Option 1 Half-Day AM: 7:50-10:45 and Option 2 Half-Day PM: 11:50-2:45.
- The half-days will allow us to ease into the full-day kindergarten schedule, assess each student, work with smaller groups of kids to develop routines and procedures, and ensure balanced class lists.
- Your child will get to know all of the teachers during their half-days, and begin with their classroom teacher their first full-day, Monday, August 22nd! While kindergarteners will not attend lunch on the half-days, please make sure to pack them a healthy snack and a water bottle!
New School Day Hours!!!
- M/T/TH/F: 7:50-2:50
- W: 8:50-2:50
- There will NOT be a soft start this year. School will start promptly at 7:50 (8:50 on Wednesdays). Students not in class by 7:50 will be marked tardy and must enter through the front door.
- Buses will arrive between 7:35-7:45
- Walkers and car riders can be dropped off from 7:35-7:50 a.m.
- Students can play on the playground or line up at their designated spot prior to the first bell ringing at 7:45 a.m. Kinder students should go to the fenced in playground prior to school starting. When the bell rings, students will line up at their designated spots. 1st-3rd grade students will line up outside their classroom doors, 4th grade students will line up on the basketball court, and 5th graders will walk to their classroom doors.
- Breakfast will be served from 7:35-7:50 (8:35-8:50 on Wednesdays). Students who would like to eat breakfast MUST arrive before 7:50 a.m. Students will walk in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to eat breakfast.
- Free childcare will be offered on Late Start Wednesdays. Students attending Wednesday morning childcare must arrive between 7:35-7:50.
School Day Schedule: Classroom teachers will share their specific grade level/classroom schedules. This will include lunch times.
After School: After school pick up will run very similar to the last school year, with a few changes, please read and see the pictures below.
Bus Students/Walkers/Bikers: Will be released from their classroom doors at 2:50. Kinder students will be walked to the bus.
Car Riders: Will be released from their classrooms at 2:53. For now, kinder students should be picked up at their classrooms. Classroom teachers will walk 1st-5th grade students out to the front/side of the school.(See picture below)
- 3rd-5th grade students should go get their younger siblings from the front of the building and return with them to the 3rd-5th grade pick up area.
- Parents/Guardians (or designated pick up adult) will enter the parking lot in a single file line.
- New this year: Students can be picked up in the areas that are designated below with a purple arrow. 3rd-5th graders (and 1st-2nd graders with an older sibling) can be picked up on the side of the building as designated below. 1st and 2nd graders without an older sibling can only be picked up in the front bus lane.
- Please keep the line flowing as cars exit the line.
- If you pick up on the side you can safely exit the line and take a left out of the lot. If you only have a 1st or 2nd grader, please stay in the line until a staff member releases you as there is room in the bus lanes. (See picture below)
- Please be sure your child's teacher knows your child's after school plan. Students will only be released to adults listed in IC. If your child's after school plan changes, please call the office no later than 2:40.
Reminders: We understand that mornings and afternoons are often a stressful time for families. Please be mindful that our number one priority is to keep over 425 students and their families safe.
- We ask that you are attentive when you are in the school zone. Please take extra caution to look around when pulling out of a parking spot and stay off of cell phones when in our parking lots.
- Only cross the street in designated crosswalks.
- All wheels must be walked until off of school property.
- Be kind and patient to staff and other Ryan community members.
- There is no parking in the small parking lot (by the playground) before or after school.
BVSD Updates & Reminders
- Free and Reduced Lunch application can be used to determine eligibility for: Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) benefits to help purchase food, Discounted school fees, Free or reduced internet service and Discounted phone service.
- Benefits for your school: Schools receive important funding and resources based on the number of free and reduced applications. Learn more
- If you were approved for 2021-22 free & reduced-price meal benefits, they will carry over until 9/28/22. If we do not receive a new application by the end of the grace period, your child(ren)’s benefits will be canceled. Please keep in mind, it can take up to 10 days to process a new application.
Solicitud de Comidas gratis o a precio reducido: Es muy importante completar una solicitud de comidas gratis o a precio reducido para este próximo año escolar. El BVSD se enorgullece de poder continuar ofreciendo comidas gratis a todos los estudiantes, gracias a una exención otorgada por el USDA. Sin embargo, queremos que sepa que las solicitudes de comidas escolares sirven para algo más que comidas gratis.
Beneficios para su estudiante y su familia: La solicitud de almuerzo gratis o reducido se puede utilizar para determinar la elegibilidad para: Beneficios de Pandemia EBT (P-EBT) para ayudar a comprar alimentos, Cuotas escolares con descuento, Servicio de internet gratuito o reducido, Servicio telefónico con descuento.
Beneficios para su escuela Las escuelas reciben fondos y recursos importantes según la cantidad de solicitudes gratuitas y reducidas .Aprende más
Si fue aprobado para los beneficios de comidas gratis y a precio reducido de 2021-22, se transferirán hasta el 28/9/22. Si no recibimos una nueva solicitud al final del período de gracia, se cancelarán los beneficios de su(s) hijo(s). Tenga en cuenta: puede tomar hasta 10 días procesar una nueva solicitud.
Annual Data Update (ADU)
Actualización Anual de Datos (ADU):Si aún no lo ha hecho, complete la Actualización Anual de Datos (ADU) para el año escolar 2022-23.
Al iniciar sesión en Infinite Campus, tendrá la oportunidad de revisar los datos que tenemos actualmente para su hijo y su hogar, actualizar sus contactos de emergencia y solicitar otros cambios si es necesario. Este proceso también le permite completar y enviar electrónicamente la hoja de aprobación de padres/estudiantes del Código de Conducta del Estudiante, que se requiere para completar el registro de su estudiante para el próximo año escolar. Vea las instrucciones en nuestra página web, aquí.
Opt Into BVSD Text Messages/¡Opta por recibir mensajes de texto del BVSD!
The benefits of BVSD text messages:
Receive alerts during a crisis
Receive important reminders
Emails can get buried in your inbox; text message alerts make sure you receive timely information from the district.
Text the word "Yes" to 67587 from your phone to opt into text messaging.
Los beneficios incluyen:
Recibir alertas durante una crisis
Recibir recordatorios importantes
Los correos electrónicos son fáciles de perder en tu bandeja de entrada. Recibir alertas por mensaje de texto garantiza que recibirás información del distrito de manera oportuna.Textea la palabra "Yes" por mensaje de texto al 67587 para recibir textos del distrito.
RevTrack Changes/Cambios en RevTrak
BVSD has implemented a centralized RevTrak web store (system used to collect fees) for all BVSD schools. Note for current BVSD parents: You will have to create a new login when using the system for the first time. Learn more about the benefits of this change and how to set up your account.
El BVSD ha implementado una tienda web RevTrak centralizada (sistema utilizado para cobrar tarifas) para todas las escuelas del BVSD. Nota para los padres actuales del BVSD: Deberá crear un nuevo inicio de sesión cuando utilice el sistema por primera vez. Obtenga más información sobre los beneficios de este cambio y como configurar su cuenta.
If you have any questions please be sure to reach out!
Upcoming Ryan Events
First Day of School
Wednesday, Aug. 17th, 7:45am
1405 Centaur Village Drive
School starts at 7:50 am
(See above for detailed before school information)