September 3, 2019
Welcome Back to School!
Beginning of the Year Information Packet
Dear Central Bucks School District Parents,
As of the 2017-18 school year, the Pennsylvania Department of Health revised the immunization requirements with a new 5-day provisional period. The new requirement states that a parent must have all immunizations completed within the first 5 days of school.
If the student is in the middle of a series and it is too soon for the next dose, the parents must provide the school nurse with a plan for immunizations (signed by a health care provider) within the first 5 days. If the student has incomplete immunizations and no medical plan, the student will be excluded from school beginning the 6th day of school.
These requirements allow for the following exemptions: medical reasons; religious beliefs; or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction. If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday) (DTaP)
4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) (IPV)
2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
3 doses of hepatitis B (Hep B)
2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity (History of chickenpox or antibody titer)
You may check your child’s school immunization record by logging onto the parent portal through the district website at www.cbsd.org or by consulting with your child’s physician.
Thank you, in advance, for your attention to this matter.
Want to volunteer in Jamison classrooms?
If you are interested in volunteering within Jamison Elementary, you MUST complete this process. Please click on this link and follow the steps outlined by our Human Resource Department. Thank you!
FYI...Kindergarten Modified Schedule
Starting this school year, CB is implementing a modified Kindergarten schedule for inclement weather delay days. PLEASE make sure to review this information if you have a child in Kindergarten.
Arrival / Dismissal Practices and Transportation Changes
Please be mindful of the following information:
- Parent "Drop Off" (Kiss-N-Drop) occurs between 8:15 and 8:35. If you are late, you must accompany your child into the building to sign him / her in. Drop off takes place right outside the Main Office area.
- Students who are "Private Car Riders" (Parent Pick Up) are dismissed at 3:15 and are picked up through the gymnasium doors. Parents are asked to arrive after 3:00PM and pull around to our big recess lot. Simply follow the car lines and your child will be delivered to your car.
- Walkers, Bike Riders, and Bus riders all enter and leave through the bus loading areas. Students in grades K, 1, and 6 enter and leave on their side of the building and grades 2, 3, 4, and 5 enter and leave on their side of the building.
- ALL TRANSPORTATION changes should be reported to the main office and the homeroom teacher.
- If a parent needs to pick up a child before dismissal, PLEASE do it prior to 3:00. It causes great stress and inconvenience on the office staff when parents request a pick up time between 3:00 and 3:15 due to dismissal. Thank you.
- Students are not permitted to ride another bus home for a play date, etc...In extreme circumstances, the school will work with the CB Transportation Dept. to honor a request for a child to ride home on a different bus.
Back to School Night Dates
Back to School Nights:
Wednesday, September 4, 2019:
Autistic Support, Mrs. Viscuso (DelCasale) - 5:30 p.m.
Kindergarten – 6:00 p.m.
PEN 6:45 p.m.
Thursday, September 5, 2019:
Autistic Support, Mrs. McErlean – 5:30 p.m.
4th grade – 6:00 to 6:40 p.m.
5th grade – 6:45 to 7:25 p.m. (Accelerated Math 6:15pm)
6th grade – 7:30 to 8:10 p.m. (Pre-Algebra 7pm)
Monday, September 16, 2019:
Autistic Support, Mrs. Ritts (Walls) – 5:30 p.m.
1st grade – 6:00 to 6:40 p.m.
2nd grade – 6:45 to 7:25 p.m.
3rd grade – 7:30 to 8:10 p.m.
Please take the time to read the letter on our website about our new Math-In-Focus program / resources. Thank you!
Dates That Rate
~September 2019 ~
Back to School Nights, see above dates and times.
Sept. 6th – HSA Family Picnic – 5-7pm
September 11th - Wear Red, White and Blue
Sept. 27th - Pretzel Sale
Sept. 30th – No school – Rosh Hashannah
~ Looking ahead ~
Oct. 9th – No school – Yom Kippur
Oct. 10th – Picture Day
Oct. 16th – Home and School Meeting – 6:30pm
Oct. 19th – Family Hayride at DelVal 6-8pm
Oct. 25th - HSA Pretzel Sale
Oct. 31st – Halloween Parade 1:45pm
~PSSA 2020 Testing Window ~
Please do not schedule vacations at this time.
Grades 3-6 English/Language Arts, April 20-24, 2020
Grades 3-6 Math, April 27 - May 1, 2020
Grade 4 Science, April 27 - May 1, 2020