By Rachel Garrett
- Sybil Ludington was born to Abigail and Colonel Henry Ludington
- She was the eldest of twelve children
- And grew up in Patterson New York
When she was a teen she also did her hero act
The hero act
Sybil rode off farther than Paul Revere and warned people that the British were coming
She rode forty miles in all.
When she reached her home four hundred men were ready to attack.
He allowed her to be in the war, she accepted
She married Lawyer Edward Ogden.
She spent the rest of her life in Undilla New York with there son Harry.
In Memory of Sybil Ludington
- In honor of her they renamed her hometown Ludingtonville
- They also made a statue of her riding out to warn people that the regulars were coming
- They also made a stamp too