Mr. Csajko's Gym-news-ium
New Year's Resolution…What's that?
It is now 2016! With the changing of the year, many people like to make changes so that this year is even better than 2015. A New Year's Resolution is a goal or a promise to improve yourself. A New Year's Resolution can also be a promise to help others. What will your New Year's Resolution be?
Tips to keep your Fitness Resolution
- Keep a food journal to see what, when, and how nutritious you are eating
- Put down the soda or juice and substitute with water
- Fruits and vegetables…can't go wrong with that!
- Exercise with a friend
- Get a good night sleep. Your body needs the rest.
- Make exercise the fun part of your day. Play music and try new exercises & games
FELEGY PHYS.ED. RESOLUTION…
Muscular Strength is the amount of force your muscles can produce against some form of resistance
PUSH UP POSITION
We are trying to strengthen our upper body by completing different exercises in the push up position.
- A,B,C Push Ups- Strengthen upper body & Literacy Skills. See video 1 below
- 1, 2, 3 Push Ups- Strengthen upper body & Numeracy Skills.See video 2 below
- TV Commercial Challenge- During a television commercial, challenge someone in your house to see who can hold themselves in the Push Up position longer.
- Partner High 5's- See video 3 below
- Push Up Hockey- See video 3 below
Each time they touch a shoulder, students are saying a letter in A, B, C order. Modification: Students will use letters to spell words or make a sentence.
A, B, C Push Up Position
Each time students touch a shoulder they are counting up. Modification: Students can count by 2's, 5's,10's, etc.
Counting Push-Up Position
Physical Education Instant Activities for Upper body strength
Muscles we will focus on this month: