Eagle Eye E-News, September 22-26
Ebinport Elementary Faculty and Staff E-News
THE WEEK IN REVIEW...
- 3:00 Ebinport Wellness Committee Meeting
Tuesday-Kindergarten Color Day: Orange
- Kristen Hahn will meet with grade levels today during their planning, third grade will meet on Friday.
- Brian will be out of the building all day today for test coordinator training.
- 8:00-1:00 Rhonda will be at the DO for Leadership Meeting- Please see Dr. Beard for any major issues.
- 3:00 Faculty Meeting for certified staff only in the GT room (we may need to bring chairs). We will have a brief book review with Mrs. Vaughan and then will hear from the Apperson group regarding a Social and Emotional Wellness assessment for children.
- 6:00 GT Meeting here at Ebinport
Wednesday-Kindergarten Color Day: Black and White
- 7:00-7:45 Birthday Table- See below for more details.
- 4:00- Yoga in the gym
- All GBE Declaration of intent forms should be signed...these should have come through an email using the online system.
Thursday-Kindergarten Color Day: Pink and Gray
- 11:00-2:00 Rhonda is at South Pointe High School for the Olde English Consortium Meeting- this month's topic is the new teacher evaluation system.
- K, 1 and 2 Grandparents Day
- Terrific Kid Write-Ups Due to Mrs. Brown
Friday-Kindergarten Color Day: Rainbow Day
- 3, 4, and 5 Grandparents Day
- Student Council Elections in the Conference Room.
- Ward Services at Ebinport: Remember your Appointment-they will be in the room to the right of Ms. Rutledge's office where iPads are normally stored.
- Tail-Gator Party Sponsored by Sunshine Committee
- Kristen Hahn meets with third grade during planning
Color Weeks in Kindergarten!
Colors, colors, we love colors!
Over the next two weeks, we will teach a unit about colors.
We would like your help with our colorful weeks by wearing the color of the day beginning Monday, September 15th.
Please see the list below to identify each day.
Week of September 22-September 26
Wednesday: black and white
Thursday: pink and gray
Friday: rainbow day
Dr. Pew to Visit
Light the Night
The Purple Regiment band students from Northwestern will be participating in the “Light the Night” walk for Leukemia on October 9. All monies raised by the students will go towards this cause. If you would like to contribute $10.00, you can wear jeans the week of October 27-31. I will be collecting donations through September 30. Please place your money in an envelop with your name on it, in my box and I will let Mrs. Kelsey know who will be participating. Thank you for your support!
Congratualtions to Mrs. Pundt!
Grading and Reporting: Notes from Leadership
K-2 teachers will have to input a grade for each standard for accountability and evidence purposes. Only the power standard score, which teachers now control, will show up on report cards.
3-5 Report cards will be printed here at the school. Teachers should keep their own grade book at this point, though next nine weeks we are hoping that we can begin using PowerTeacher. There will be a section for personal/social development where the rating will be consistently, rarely, never.
Science Benchmark Dates
Assessments will be given at the end of each unit.
K, 1, 2, and 5 will be given the week of October 16-23
4th Grade will be given around the 1st of October
3rd grade will be given mid-December.
As I get more information I will pass it along.
Resource on Wednesday
There is a new feature in Parentlink that changes the caller ID of the message from the main phone number of the school that sends a message to a toll free 866 number. When a parent calls this number back it will prompt for the following.
1. States that you are calling the Parentlink notification system
2. To listen to the message in Spanish or English
3. (1)Prompts to listen to message sent to a home (2) Prompts to leave a message to a teacher (Not active) (3) Prompts to get information regarding student (Not active)
4. After selecting Prompt #1 they enter their contact # and the system will replay messages that they missed.
The goal of this change is to help alleviate the calls to the front desk from parents that miss a call.
SIC Meeting Notes
-Welcomed back our returning SIC members-Jessica Adamson, Biff Edge, Dawn Smrekar, Kelly Sebastian, Yerika Sheek, Teachers Kari Doster, Sandra Thompson and community members-Dr. Carlos Paxtor, Lauran George-C180 and Officer McCrorery.
-Also introduced and welcomed new members Principal Kelsey, Teacher Jimmie Matthews and parent Whitney Leary.
-Discussed school news (not going to elaborate here)
-initiatives for 14-15 will be Gardens, Peer Mentoring (Eagle Eye Buddies and Lunch Buddies Support), Social Emotional Learning Project, Parent Communication
-Wellness update is that Walk to School/At School is scheduled for Oct 1st. Kelly Scott to org meet and walk and Christi Beard to org the walk at school of bus riders between 7:15-7:40
Healthy Playground Makeover Sweepstakes
Enter the Healthy Playground Makeover Sweepstakes today and every day for a chance to win one of two grand prizes, including a $30,000 grant and a new playground. One of the grand prize winners will be chosen from among all eligible entries. A second grand prize winner will be chosen from a special drawing for Title I Schools. Anyone can enter on behalf of your Pre-K through grade 5 school. Spread the news throughout your community to increase your chances of winning!
This only took me about a minute. We can enter to win as many times as we want!
Beautification Work Begins
Please remember to remove all items in the corner of the workroom. I will be putting in a ticket for operations to come and clear this out on Monday. Mrs. Jothen writes, "I really want to start with a new canvas on Monday and clean the rest of the room. I want to put labels up Monday as well. Also, if everyone can have the science kits labeled with the grade level and have them in the storage room by Monday would be great."