NO BUSINESS LIKE SNOW BUSINESS ITV
Artistic, mathematical and scientific properties of snow!
What is the business of snow business all about?
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Is it really true that no two snowflakes are alike? Investigating the intricacies of an individual flake and learning about such things as how American artists have depicted the beauty and wonder of snow and ice in paintings and photographs, to the mathematical and scientific composition of snowflakes can be fascinating!
During this interactive videoconference event, classrooms will be able to...
- Share what they learn about the composition and differences in snow
- Numerically categorize the various kinds of snow flakes, conditions and locations for various kinds of snow falls
- Offer a partner classroom “across the planet” how to make a various point snowflakes to go with the unique kind of snow learned about for a real, honest-to-goodness “Snow Showing!”
- Wonder about snowfall predictions; learn about historical snow conditions, and what and where climate shifts will have on the future of snow!
Timeline and Connection Dates
- December 9-18, 2015; January 4-5, 2016: Registration for verified schools.
- January 6-7, 2017: You will receive an email with your partner teacher’s information.
- NOTE: You should contact your partner teacher immediately and stay in contact until your program date.
- January 27-29, 2017 and February 1-3, 2017: Snow Business Connections take place!
Questions? Contact the Genesee ISD/Technology and Media Services at 591-4436