January 8, 2016
Important Dates for Next Week
Monday, Jan. 11
- Law Enforcement Thank-You Breakfast in Media @ 8-9 am
- PTO Meeting @ 9:30 am
- Lighthouse Team Meeting @ 2:45 in conference Room
- Erinn out at Principal's Meeting @ 8:30-10:30
Wednesday, Jan. 13
- PL Afternoon Sessions 2:45-3:30 and 3:30-4:15
- School Staff Picture: We never got a group picture at the beginning of the year. Please wear jeans and your gray "Got Leaders?" shirt on Wednesday for a group picture right before we start PL sessions.
Thursday, Jan. 14
- Donna at Nurse's meeting from 7:30-9:30
- Strong4Life Pep Rally--all students @ 1:00 in gym
- Paras meet with Erinn afterschool in Conference Room
Nuts and Bolts
- Staff with personal children: Please remind your own children about our "after-school" expectations. Kids should be in their parent's room or designated spot. If they travel through the commons, please ask them to be quiet as ASP students are working on homework.
- Staff Support for Extra Events: At the beginning of the year, we all signed up for Chik-fil-A Nights for the 1st semester. We now have dates for 2nd semester. Please click on the link below and sign-up for one of the dates. Thanks!
Tech "What If..." Challenge
Twitter is a great resource for professional growth and sharing. I'd like us to attempt this "What If" challenge.
- Step 1: Download and learn how to use Twitter (get with a "techy" in the building or watch this Howcast.)
- Step 2: Add a quick message about something great that happened at school today (students, adults, personal, etc.)
- Step 3: Add #SHMES2day to your message so that others can easily read the thread.
- Step 4: Earn a free jean's day for EVERY day that you Tweet! (offer expires on Jan. 22)
- A great big thank you and all around great job to the team of organizers for the grade level testing this week. It was a job well done. Thank you for making it as painless on the classroom teachers as you did and thank you for only taking a minimum amount of class time to get these important tasks accomplished.--Sandra T
- Thank you to everyone for their kind words, prayers, and friendship. --Alison
- Susan Barger & Jamie Vandergrift - For their continued support and willingness to help our After School Program. --Diana and Linda
- Cheryl Huebecker, Thank you for helping me stuff some bags in record time!! Whew!! ~Tracy
- Kudos to Angela because it's your BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a blessed one! --Mesha
- Thank you Joan for being "Johnny on the money!" with helping me today. We are blessed to have you here. --Siren
- Thank you, Dave, for the DELICIOUS chocolate cake. You are always so thoughtful and kind! ---Clara Zimmerman
- Thank you, Erinn and Cindy, for fostering such a loving atmosphere. This is such a positive place to be. So grateful to work here. ---Clara Zimmerman
- Thank you all for the amazing feeling I felt when I left the library yesterday after we all came together for our dear Alison. It is wonderful to work at a place where you can feel so much love. --Kim R.
- Thank you to SIREN MORRISON for walking my kiddos out to the bus on Wednesday. It was very appreciated!! ~ Kimberlee
- Thank you to all who helped with the Mobile Device Management for whole group assessment this week! That can be a bear.. but as a team it was flawless! (Classroom Teachers, Brookshaw, Lee, Smithson, Norton, Bunn & our amazing 5th grade student leaders!) --Jaime
- Thank you Cindy for making this assessment roll out so quick and painless. We all appreciate your organization, structure, and dedication to making all of our jobs better! --Jaime
- Thank you to Sarah V, Nicole W, and Greta B for a great IEP meeting first thing Friday morning! Also thank you to Pam W and Ivette W for covering their classes so we could meet at a time with the parent was available. ~Emily
- Thank you Dave for the amazing cake. You spoil us with your yummy treats! --Erinn
- Thank you to all teachers for great mid-year conferences. Cindy and I truly enjoyed our time with each of you. --Erinn