One Team, One Goal...EXCELLENCE!
HBMS Parent & Student Newsletter 2022-2023
Greetings Warrior families! We are down to our LAST week of the school year! As we close out this school year, please continue to reinforce expectations of EXCELLENCE with your Warrior. Everyone is eager for summer break however, expectations for behavior still apply, will be enforced and consequences assigned for non-compliance.
Please support us in reminding your Warrior of the following:
- Arrive and remain on campus; do not visit the corner store.
- Report directly to class ON TIME.
- Keep phones, airpods, earbuds, etc. off and out of sight.
- Maintain dress code standards (shirts exposing stomach, pajamas, etc. are reserved for home).
- Reporting concerns to administration and refraining from sharing rumors.
As we begin planning for the 2023-2024 school year, please make sure that your student's updated immunization record is on file with the clinic. Students who are not current with immunizations will not be able to start school in August 2023. We are asking all families to immediately submit updated immunization records to the campus nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org). Information regarding required immunizations can be found below.
Finally, if your student is in possession of his/her laptop, charger or a library book, please return those items on Monday. Additionally, if your Warrior has medication in the clinic, the final day to retrieve the medication is Friday, 05/26/23 by 10:00 AM.
Thank you for your continued partnership. ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL...EXCELLENCE!
Proud HBMS Principal
Upcoming Events-Mark Your Calendar
19-Fine Arts Social 4:00 PM-Band Hall
22-NO BACKPACKS, LARGE PURSES, BAGS OR PLASTIC BAGS
22-Warrior Emporium Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
22-NJHS Induction Ceremony 6:00 PM-Commons
23-Kick Start Belt Ceremony 6:00 PM-Commons
24-Early Release 1:25 PM
25-Early Release/Last Day of School 1:25 PM
**Wednesday of each week-COLLEGE WEDNESDAY (wear a college shirt with jeans)**
Reminder: NO DELIVERIES
Summer School Information
The following information and link are regarding Summer School 2023
- Credit Recovery (Remedial) Registration begins May 16th and closes June 1st
- The fees are accepted through Skyward (The fees are listed below)
- Credit Recovery (Remedial) classes are at Elkins HS
- The classes are Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Follow HBMS Athletics on Twitter @HBMS_Athletics
2022-2023 School Calendar
2022-2023 Bell Schedule
Student and staff safety is a priority at HBMS. Please note a few items as we launch the new year.
- FBISD also has other new procedures in place, such as exterior door audits, to make sure they are all functioning properly.
- Classroom doors will remain locked during the day. Students are taught to seek teacher permission before opening the door for any adult.
- Rhino locks are installed on all classroom doors. These locks are activated in the case of a Lockdown.
- All visitors will be required to show proper ID and be screened through our Raptor system before visiting any part of the campus.
- All DRILLS will be announced; students and staff have been taught that if an announcement is not made indicating a DRILL, that the situation is real.
Information regarding specific safety drills and emergency operation protocols may also be located via the following website: https://iloveuguys.org
All HBMS staff members and students have received training regarding the various protocols.
Important Contact Information
Assistant Principal-Kevin Morrow (Kevin.Morrow@fortbendisd.com)
Counselor-Taheera Shelton (Taheera.Shelton@fortbendisd.com
Associate Principal-Dr. LaToya Austin (Latoya.Austin@fortbendisd.com)
Counselor-Taylor Blackmon (Taylor.Blackmon@fortbendisd.com)
Assistant Principal-Lawrence Cousin (Lawrence.Cousin@fortbendisd.com)
Counselor-Jasmin Stewart (Jasmin.Stewart@fortbendisd.com)
Attendance-Cynthia Nieto Lee (Cynthia.Nietolee@fortbendisd.com)
Registrar-Yanci Ventura Bonilla (Yanci.Ventura@fortbendisd.com)
Nurse-Evelyn Farghaly (Evelyn.Farghaly@fortbendisd.com)