What? Who? Me? Really God?
Classical Christian Community
Classical Conversations is founded on the 3 Cs - Classical, Christian and Community. The Classical model is a tool for learning. Christian is a Christ Centered world-view. Community is equipping and encouraging one another.
Points to consider regarding community shared by Tucker Teague in the Writer's Circle
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
Is God calling you to be a part of the tutoring team at Classical Conversations of Broken Arrow
Parents who have home schooled for a year or more
Parents who have a child enrolled in the program they are tutoring
Parents who have a Christ centered world view and agree with CC's statement of faith
Parents willing to invest in the lives of others by sharing their time and talents
GENERAL TUTORING FAQ
What are the benefits of tutoring?
- You are preparing to present material and therefore know the material well, which in turn helps at home with your own children's schooling.
- The pay can help offset the cost of your own children's enrollment.
- You will have the opportunity to know your students and parents well.
- You will always be engaged during class time.
Will I be considered an employee of Classical Conversations?
No. You will be an independent contractor and issued a 1099 MISC for the tax year. Visit with your tax professional regarding filing as an independent contractor, various schedules and possible deductions.
Are there tax deductions as an independent contractor?
Yes. Always consult your tax professional.
Are there additional training opportunities available?
Yes! Resources include your director, other tutors, and other parents in community, resources on CC connected, webinars on the CC Portal for Essentials tutors, and Facebook pages dedicated to Foundations or Essentials tutors.
FOUNDATIONS TUTOR FAQ
- Weekly In Class- 8:45 am to 12:00 pm on community day leading a class for Foundations including teachers and students
- Weekly Preparation at Home - 1-2 hours for Foundations
- Summer Preparation - attend 3 day tutor training for your program
- Quarterly Tutor Meetings - attend a 2 to 3 hour tutor training before each 6 weeks
What is the pay for tutoring Foundations? Take 60% of tuition paid to the community and divide it among the number of Foundations tutors. My experience says roughly $50-$60 per week x 24 weeks.
When are Foundations tutors paid? Checks are given during week 6, 12, 18 and 24
What is the tutor:student ratio? Never greater than 1:9 with at least one other adult present at all times
What supplies must I purchase as a Foundations tutor?
- Foundations Guide
- Timeline Cards
- Discovering Great Artists
- Van Cleave's 201 Science Experiments
- Classical Music for Dummies
- Tin Whistle
- Optional: Cycle specific CDs, Memory Master flashcards, CC Connected subscription
- Classroom supplies for your use such as dry erase markers, review materials, etc
- Classroom supplies for students are all provided