Buffalo Family Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag on Twitter: #HaveUHerdKISD
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
- Inclement Weather Dismissal Procedures
News and Reminders
- Rezoning Information: Klein ISD is rezoning elementary attendance zones at this time. HERE is the website where you can stay up-to-date with information.
- Jackets and Lunchboxes: Please put your students' names in all jackets and lunchboxes! That way if they are lost at school, they can be returned.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) within 5 days of your student returning to school. Notes may be turned in to the teacher or office, emailed to the teacher or office staff, or submitted through Skyward Family Access.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our primary source of communication again this year. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
Thanks to our January Watch D.O.G.S.!!!
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- 2/4 - Progress reports come home
- 2/11 - District Spelling Bee at KMPC
- 2/13 - PTO Pastries with Parents (7:30 a.m.)
- 2/14 - Valentine's Day Parties (see information and RSVP above)
- 2/17 - No school (professional development day)
- 2/19 - PTO Readathon pledging begins
- 2/21 - Go Texan Day (see information and RSVP above)
- 2/22 - Community Workout (Gym - 8:30 a.m.)
- 2/26 - PTO McDonald's spirit night (5-8 p.m.)
Looking Ahead - STAAR Testing Dates
- May 12 - Math
- May 13 - Reading
- April 7 - Writing
- May 12 - Math
- May 13 - Reading
- April 7 - Math
- April 8 - Reading
- May 14 - Science
- May 12 - Math retest
- May 13 - Reading retest
Kindness week is Jan. 27-31- Thank you to everyone that participated in Kindness week. The Peanut Butter Jelly drive, the kindness stations, and the home discussions are all very appreciated.. As a recap, here is what your students learned during the week:
Monday- Be the I in Kind- We discussed how being kind starts with us.
Tuesday- Know Kindness- We discussed how to recognize kindness in others.
Wednesday- The Name of Kindness- We will discuss reputations and why they are important
Thursday- Doing Kindness- We will challenge the students to put kindness into their actions each day.
Friday- Putting it all together- During recess, several kindness stations will be set up to encourage kindness on the playground.
Next week: We will have a new photo booth in the hallway: “Be the I in Kind!” that will be made by our students during Kindness week.
Peanut Butter Jelly Drive: We are collecting unopened containers of peanut butter and jelly for the Promise Land Ministries Food Bank. This food bank is newly opened and will directly benefit Blackshear families. Our Drive ends Friday, January 31st!
Klein Serves: Klein is hosting a large scale volunteer day where students and families will have an opportunity to give back to the community. The event will be Saturday, March 28, 2020, from 7:30 a.m to 12:00 p.m. at Klein Cain. If your student(s) would like to participate, please sign up here! https://kleinisd.net/familynet/families/klein_family_serves.
Course Selection: 5th Grade course selection packets went home January 23. They are due to teachers on February 6. We will be offering help in selecting courses and understanding the pathways for intermediate and high school students on February 4th from 6:00 to 7:00. We will have representatives from Ulrich and Doerre, as well as the various course departments (GT, Multilingual, Special Education, Pathways). We hope to see you there!
Teddy Bear Drive: We will be hosting our 2nd annual teddy bear drive February 10-14. Please bring a new teddy bear to benefit Joe Joe Bear Foundation. The foundation will give the bears to children in the hospital.