Sunset Valley Elementary 2/22/19
- The Johnson kids are done with snow days...
- As of now, this makes the last day of school Thursday, May 30, 2019, due to the make up days in accordance with state law. Although we will have missed nine days, we only have to make up eight days at this point.
- Our Amazing Kindergarten cancer survivor and warrior, Ryan, is hosting a pennies for patients campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society next week. Attached are daily activities the kids can participate in to support cancer research. We will have a pennies jar in the office and cafeteria for those students wishing to participate. Thank you!!
- Lee’s Summit R-7 School District has collaborated with students, parents, community members and internal stakeholders to create our Portrait of a Graduate project. This is a cool project in which a team discussed the core essential competencies our LSR7 graduates should have after graduating from the LSR7 school system. More information can be found on the link provided.
- Box Tops are collected on Monday, February 25! Thank you, Mrs. Peter for your help!!
- The Conversation - elementary students talk about their teachers In this piece of the Conversation Series, elementary students talk about the impact of their teachers. "It's really good to have a lot of people in your school that can understand the kids." Check out the latest video here.
CALLING ALL SVE PARENTS!!
SVE Parents --It is time once again for your SVE PTA to recruit a few amazing people to fill PTA Officer positions for the 2019-2020 school year. The goal of the nominating committee is to enlist the talents of as many SVE parents, friends and family as possible. Please visit the SVE PTA website (http://www.svepta.org/) or the PTA Facebook page to share your interest. You may also wish to recommend someone you think would be an ideal recruit for a particular office. Additional information can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact any member of the nominating committee:
Tiffany Ippolito firstname.lastname@example.org
Genevieve Boehm email@example.com
Michelle Held firstname.lastname@example.org
CARNIVAL Note from SVE PTA
FAMILY FUN NIGHT CARNIVAL!! Friday, March 8th from 6:00-8:30 PM. There will be lots of fun games, Treat and Book Walk, photo booth, pop toss, robotic demonstration, and pizza for sale. We look forward to seeing you there! We will need volunteers to make this a fun event. Flyers will be coming home soon. Thank you to Joe Shepard of Mokan Roofing and Construction, one of our PTA business members, for the donation of the pop and cookies!
Skate night is on Monday, February 25th 6:30-8:30.
Save the date! Friday, March 15th is Sunset Valley Elementary Night at Paradise Park. Grab some friends and win some prizes for attending. More info to come.
SVE Student Council Panera Night!
LSR7 Communications Survey
Communications Survey - Your Feedback Welcome!
For the last few weeks, the Lee's Summit School District's Communications Department has engaged an outside partner (Patron Insight, Inc.) to identify what is working well – and where the school district might be able to improve – in our efforts to communicate with parents, staff and the community.
Patron Insight has reviewed the school district's communications materials, conducted extensive interviews, and is completing a telephone survey with a statistically-valid random population sample.
The last step in this process is to give students, parents, staff and community members a chance to weigh in on how the district communicates, what is being communicated and what you think could be improved.
This survey should take about 10 minutes to complete. All the responses will go directly to Patron Insight. The district will receive a summary of the data from this online research but will not see any individual responses. So, please tell us what you really think!
Thank you for your feedback. The communications department looks forward to hearing your thoughts.
February 28 - 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM SVE Student Council Panera Night
March 1 - No School For Students - Staff Professional Development Day
March 8 - 6:00-8:30 PM PTA Carnival
March 14 - 7:00 PM Band and Strings Concert
March 15 - 5:00-8:00 PM SVE Family Fun Night at Paradise Park
March 18-22 - Spring Break
March 28 - 5:00-6:30 PM Kindergarten Round Up