February 10th, 2014
I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. It is looking like we MAY just get some nicer weather here by the end of the week. Yahoo! I sure am excited. :)
This week our words all have the suffix /-or/ meaning "one who". The lists went home today since it is a short week and our test will be on Thursday. Our words for this week are:
Hopefully I spelled them all correctly this week. :)
After much debating last night, I decided to push our test back to Thursday of this week. We are still doing some work with multistep word problems because this is something that gets the kiddos every time. We will continue to work on this tomorrow and then spend Wednesday reviewing for the test on Thursday. The kids will be receiving a practice test to complete tomorrow. I will email it home to you as an attachment in case you want to practice on it with your child.
We will continue reading aloud The One and Only Ivan working more specifically on theme and using proof from the test to support our answers. We will also continue in our small group historical fiction books reviewing theme as well. I told the kids since it is a short week this week, we are not doing reading logs.
We will continue working on our opinion writing pieces this week. We will be turning our graphic organizers into paragraphs this week, working on words to use to connect factual (in this case specific details from either book) evidence to our opinion. We will then be editing and revising these pieces. I don't think we will get them published this week.
- No school Friday or Monday (2/17)
- No reading logs this week
- Math and spelling tests Thursday
- Wednesday-Family Health and Wellness 6:00-8:00 PM
- Kid's Rights forms need to be turned in ASAP. They went home a couple of Fridays ago and the counselors need them by tomorrow. Thank you for all those who turned them in already.
- We will be exchanging Valentines on Thursday at the end of the day. Please be sure your child has a box/bag of some sort to take these home in.
That's All Folks...
I hope you all have a terrific week and extra long weekend. Happy Valentine's Day!