The Wildcat Week Ahead
Table of Contents
- Upcoming important dates
- This Week at GIS
- October is Anti-Bullying Month
- Directory (Link at the Bottom)
- Lunch Info (for students who want to purchase more food)
- Soccer practices and game
- School Board Meeting Information
- We're still waiting for a picture re-take day
Important Upcoming Dates
National Bus Safety Week- Week of October 16th
Harvest Dance- Mr. Foster is bringing back the Harvest Dance! It's a family-centered school activity on October 28th from 6-7:30. I heard there might be square dancing!
GIS Halloween Celebration- Students have advocated for a fun Halloween activity on the 31st. I will keep you posted on what this will look like.
What an Exciting Week at GIS!
We earned our first school-wide PBIS celebration- Pumpkin Painting! Classrooms earn PAWS for showing Kindness, Safety, and Engagement.
GISU became the second school district/supervisory union to hold school on Monday, October 10th. GISU and MVSD held school in honor of Indigenous Peoples Day. Students were invited to watch the Abenaki Circle of Courage drumming on Monday, where elders from the Abenaki shared songs and stories about their people. Students loved the presentation and had many wonderful questions.
On Friday, we ended the week with our community first responders. Our morning started off with the Vermont Army National Guard flying a helicopter to our school. Students met the two pilots and were able to explore the aircraft and ask questions. After lunch, Grand Isle PD and Canine Jaxx, Grand Isle, North Hero, Isle La Motte fire, Grand Isle and North Hero Rescue, and the tactical teams joined Grand Isle and North Hero students for a day of fun and learning about safety.
It was wonderful to have both schools from CIUUSD present. The Islander and Local News 44 were present for parts of the day.
Important Lunch Info
Soccer Practices and Games
Girls- Home vs. Fairfield
Boys- Scrimmage with Grand Isle 3-4 Rec
Both teams practice from 3:30-5
Away @ Fairfield
Girls 4:30 pm
Boys- practice 3:30-5
It's Budget Season- Here's How You Can Get Involved
- Come to a school board meeting to express what you hope to see in schools. Meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month. The next meeting is on November 1st. Please check the GISU website ---> board meetings ----> CIUUSD ----> Agenda ----> for the link to join.
- Understand what Act 173 is: Powerpoint here.
- How Parents/Families Can Get Involved With the School Board Meetings
- How to Speak to Your School Board
- Write a letter to your school board.