Bertram Family Connection
November 1st, 2021
- Monday, November 1st: Student Holiday - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, November 2nd: Christmas Card Contest Entry Deadline
- Week of November 8th-12th: Scholastic Book Fair
- Week of November Monday 8th- Monday 15th: Turkey Trot Food Drive benefitting Bertram Food Pantry
- Thursday, November 11th: Veteran's Day Performance 12:45 pm (time - change) - Bertram Elementary Pavilion
- Tuesday, November 16th: PTO Special Meeting for Election of Officers & General Meeting, 6pm Bertram Elementary Library
- Friday, November 19th: Turkey Trot during Activity Classes
The BCISD 2021-2022 school calendar can be accessed here. Be sure to mark your calendars!
"Just Say Boo to Drugs" - Halloween Parade
3rd Grade Pumpkin Drop
Christmas Card Contest Starts Monday, October 25th
PTO Meeting - Tuesday, November 16th
The Book Fair is Coming! - Volunteers Needed
Honor Your Veteran on Veterans Day!
If your students have a family member that are a Veteran of the Armed Forces, please send Ms. O'Brien their name, photo, branch of service, and years of service. She is creating a special slide show for our program on November 11th! Submit this information by Monday, November 1st!
Teachers & staff have shared a few of their favorite things. If you are looking to celebrate or appreciate your teacher click here. Staff are listed alphabetically by last name.
Please complete the Self Reporting Form to report a case of COVID-19 or orders to quarantine due to close contact from a medical professional. This form is for both students and campus visitors.
Campus Visitors Updated 10/19/21
Visitors to Campus: We are pleased to allow visitors to campuses again for the 2021-2022 year. At the same time, we value the health and safety of students and staff, and we want to limit the number of possible exposures to COVID-19 as we return to school with optional face coverings. Visitors to campus will be limited in the following ways from October 20 – December 1, 2021.
- Because high school students are of an age that allows families to make personal decisions about vaccination, visitors to BHS and QHS will not be restricted beyond normal procedures.
- Visitors to elementary and middle school will not be permitted to eat breakfast or lunch in the cafeteria. This will allow the District to continue to monitor case counts and ensure they remain low before lifting this restriction. The campus administration will also spend this time on developing procedures to help address the issues of cafeteria seating capacity for visitors and supply chain challenges for school meals and utensils.
- Invited or scheduled visitors may volunteer on campus with activities such as reading to a class, helping in the library, assisting teachers with special classroom projects or activities, or assisting with PTO activities.
- Parents of elementary and middle school students may walk their child to the classroom door after checking in at the front desk with their ID per normal visitor procedures.
- Because participation is optional, campus events that occur before or after school will follow normal visitor procedures.
By December 1, Burnet CISD will publish any updates to visitor procedures. As always, thank you for your continued support.
Transportation Changes Information
Our school is growing and it is important that everyone know and follow the transportation change process.
- If your child has a change in transportation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30 pm. This includes daily changes and permanent changes. Please indicate in your email if the change is just for today or if it is for every day.
- At 1:30 pm, this email box is checked for a final time and all changes will be made.
- After 1:30 pm, we print the transportation lists for teachers and dismissal staff.
- No changes will be accepted after this time.
- If you have an emergency, you may call and speak to Mrs. Harris about the situation and we will work together to support your student.
- Voicemails, notes, text messages, phone calls, and emails to any other email address are not acceptable changes of transportation and will not be processed.
- We do not accept transportation changes from students. Parents and guardians must communicate any changes by using the email@example.com email address.
Birthday Treats & Forgotten Lunches
Birthday celebrations are reserved for the last 15 minutes of the day. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you intend to send in treats. They will be able to let you know the specific time.
At this time, parents may not visit the classroom for birthday celebrations.
If your child forgets their lunch, you may drop it off at the office. If your child does not have a lunch at lunchtime, they will be served a free hot lunch.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes