Lakeview Patriot Newsletter
for the LCHS Community - "More than a Diploma..." 8/30/21
Update: GISD Board Approves Mask Requirement
See the recent update for information about the revised mask-wearing policy. Starting Sept. 1, face masks will be required indoors at all GISD schools and facilities, as well as on buses, regardless of vaccination status.
FREE COVID-19 vaccine clinics will be available at GISD high schools Aug. 23 - Sept. 2. The FREE vaccine clinics are open to parents, students and staff from 8 – 11 a.m. at eight locations in GISD. The clinics are first come, first served; no appointments are needed. Please see the flyer below for more details.
Attendance Awareness Month
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 to Thursday, September 30, 2021
Attendance Awareness Month is a nationwide event during September recognizing the connection between school attendance and academic achievement.
Pledge to miss no more than four school days this year and show your commitment to school attendance with the hashtag #IWillAttend.
See garlandisd.net/attendance for more information.
Homecoming Pep Rally and Festivities
Wednesday, September 8 at 6:30 pm at HBJ, we will have our Homecoming Celebration. LC students with their school ID and LC Families are invited to join us as we celebrate our Homecoming Court and all of our LC Student Groups and Organizations.
A formal dance will be held at a later date TBD.
LCHS PTSA membership is $10. The easiest way to join is online at www.joinPTA.org ($1.50 fee). Membership forms are available in the Main Office. If you use the form, print out a copy, fill it out, and place it with cash or a check made out to LCHS PTSA in an envelope in the PTSA box on the lower right below the teacher boxes.
Dallas County Promise - FAFSA Information
PICTURES ***NEW DATES***
PLEASE MAKE PLANS FOR SCHOOL PICTURES! HERE ARE THE DATES....
November 1-2 start time 7:30AM
Contact Ms. Hand if you have questions
GARLAND ISD ESPANOL
La Noche Universitaria de GISD será de 6 a 8 p.m. el martes 14 de septiembre en el
VIP pass open to Veterans and military
Veterans and active duty military can now join seniors 65+ to get a VIP pass for free entry to athletics and fine arts events. See below on how to get a pass.
Get a VIP pass for free general admission to GISD-hosted athletics events and Fine Arts performances.
Our VIP pass is available for:
- Seniors age 65 and older
- Active-duty military personnel
Through a partnership with Wylie ISD, your VIP pass also entitles you to free general admission to games and events hosted by Wylie ISD. Garland ISD's VIP pass and Wylie ISD's Gold Cards will be honored by both districts.
This gold card also grants access to exclusive district communications, making VIPs special insiders.
How to get your Garland ISD VIP pass
- Call 972-494-8580 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Bring a government-issued picture ID and one of the following, if applicable to your appointment:
A. Military or Veteran ID card
B. Veteran Health Identification card
D. Proof of Service letter
- Provide your contact information and get your picture taken.
- Receive your VIP pass.
Get free admission to games and performances
Use your pass to enjoy exciting athletic and fine art events hosted at district facilities. The VIP pass is good for general admission to all:
- In-district middle and high school regular season athletic events (no playoffs)
- Performances such as BandFest, theater musicals, GISD Children's Chorus performances and much more
Free admission is for the card bearer only. For more information, call:
- Athletics: 972-494-8588
- Fine Arts: 972-487-3172
Note: Guests must follow our Clear Bag Policy when attending middle and high school athletics events and fine arts performances.
VARSITY VOLLEYBALL - LC PATRIOTS vs. Poteet
Tuesday, Aug. 31st, 5:30pm
3505 Hayman Drive
VARSITY VOLLEYBALL VS. NORTH MESQUITE
Friday, Sep. 3rd, 5:30pm
3505 Hayman Drive
PATRIOT FOOTBALL - FRESHMAN and JV vs. Irving MacArthur
Wednesday, Sep. 1st, 5:30pm
4700 Kirby Road
VARSITY FOOTBALL LC VS. IRVING MACARTHUR
Thursday, Sep. 2nd, 7pm
600 East 6th Street
Safety and Security
- ID Badges should worn and visible at all times. All students will receive a school ID Badge when school pictures are taken, until then students may wear last year's.
- Visitors should report to the Secure Vestibule in the front of the school for screening.
- It is also expected that each of us report anything that may makes our school unsafe, either by contacting the SRO Officers at LC, the counselors, the teachers, the administrators or any staff member immediately when a concern arises. If a person wishes to remain anonymous, concerns may be reported by using this Anonymous Alert Form.
- We expect all Patriots at LC to be safe and enjoy everything about LCHS this year. Please know all of Garland ISD, LC Administration, Faculty and Staff work hard to ensure everyone in the LCHS Patriot Community stays safe each and every day.