This Week at School...
• During reading time, the kids completed an activity where they needed to choose a character trait for a particular character. After choosing the trait, they had to find evidence from the book that proves that specific trait. It was so neat to watch the kids searching their books for the evidence.
• On Thursday, we used the computers to search for the meaning of new words.
• Our new math unit has begun. In this unit, the kids will be learning about Money.
• Our STEM project is underway! The kids are using the materials you donated to build bridges. Each bridge has been designed to withstand harsh weather and weight. We will be testing the bridges next week so stay tuned!
• Alina was our fabulous Top Gardener. She did a wonderful job!
• Mr. Severance surprised our class this week as our Mystery Reader. He read the class silly poems from the book, A Light in the Attic. The kids really enjoyed their time with him.
• Thank you to all of the parents that helped plan a spectacular Valentine's Party.
What is Happening Next Week?
• We will begin to learn about George Washington.
• During reading next week, we will focus in on context clues and summarizing. A GIST will be coming home next week. This is a graphic organizer that helps with summarizing.
• We will also learn more about the braille system next week. The kids will read and get to experience what it would feel like to use braille. We will also get to visit a web site with games that use braille.
• We will test our bridges next week. Check out our Homeroom App to see lots of pictures!
• During science, the kids will learn about the properties of matter. We will add new vocabulary words to our envelopes and start talking about different materials.
What Can You Do at Home?
• The Six Flags Great America Reading Log is due February 22.
• If you would like to purchase a yearbook, please return the envelope that was sent home.
• Don't forget to return your field trip form and money.