The Cavalier Contact
Volume 3 - Issue 2 - July 18th, 2021
A Message from the Principal
I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend. I wanted to take a moment to thank the students from the Principal's Student Advisory Committee who met with me at CHS this past Wednesday evening. We talked about all ways to make sure we are ready and prepared for a great return to CHS. The feedback from this group is excellent and helps the CHS administration as we plan for August.
A belated Congratulations to recent graduate, Jonathan Parker, who received his 2019 pin from Ms. Kline at last year's BETA convention for being the Virginia BETA secretary (pictured above). The BETA program at CHS, under the direction of Patricia Kline, does an outstanding job representing CHS on a state and national level with their service to the community (pictured below).
Please take a moment to review this information as you prepare for the upcoming school year. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (804)633-9886 ext 5113. Thank you for helping us with the goal of all Cavaliers learning today and leading tomorrow!
Mr. Joshua Just
Caroline High School
(804)633-9886 ext 5113
Congratulations to Butler & Jack Frank!
CHS Open House & Block Party
Wednesday, Aug. 11th, 2-7pm
19155 Rogers Clark Boulevard
- Open House - CHS Building - 2 to 5 pm
- Block Party - CHS Stadium & Bus Parking Lot - 5 to 7 pm
New Year, New Classroom Furniture for students & staff!!
Freshmen Transition Workshop
New Students to CHS!!!
If you are a rising 10th grader who has never walked through the halls of the building or if you are new to Cavalier Nation we would like to formally welcome you and offer you the opportunity to come tour & meet with a member of our administrative team!
When: Monday-Thursday by appointment
Time: Between 8:00am-4:00pm
Contact Ms. Minor @ 633-9886 x5102
Urgent - Schedule Changes Update
CHS Athletics Booster Meeting
Tuesday, July 20th, 5:30pm
The Boosters Club is holding a meeting for anyone interested in helping with Boosters for the 2021-22 school year.
When: Tuesday, July 20 at 5:30
Where: CHS Auditorium (Enter near the gym “Home of the Cavaliers”)
Who: Any parent interested in helping with Boosters
What: The Booster Club does several fundraising projects such as concession sales and a banner program. Funds help with various team expenses such as Senior Night and team banquets
Cavalier Athletics Update
Attention all CHS student-athletes interested in trying out for a fall sport: Tryouts for Golf will begin on July 26. Football & Cheer begin July 29. Volleyball, Field Hockey, and Cross Country officially begin on Monday, August 2. Please wear appropriate practice clothes and bring your completed VHSL physical.
- Field Hockey- Coach Dena Kappler, email@example.com
- Cross Country- Coach JJ LaPointe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volleyball- Coach TBD
- Golf- Coach Tim Casey, email@example.com
- Cheerleading- Coach Pat Douglas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Football- Coach Doug Allison, email@example.com
As CHS teams begin out-of-season conditioning, athletes are reminded that sports physicals may expire June 30, 2021. Only physicals signed by a doctor after May 1, 2021 are valid. Make an appt. with your doctor for a 2021-22 sports physical. CHS is working to provide a sports physical clinic in late July prior to fall tryouts, but we are not sure of doctor availability. Here is a link to the physical form: https://www.vhsl.org/sports-medicine/physical-examination/More information regarding tryout times, locations, and activity bus schedules will be released in July as plans are finalized.
- Boys Basketball: 3:00-5:00 on Monday & Wednesday Starting July 12th, Coach Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country: July 24th @ Alum Spring Park in Fredericksburg, 8:00am for a Meet-up Run
- Football: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 7:00am-10 July 12-27
- Field Hockey: Conditioning- Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am-10:00 Starting July 13th
Thursday, Aug. 5th, 6-7pm
Germanna Dual Enrollment Open House Info Below
First Varsity Home Football Game
Friday, Aug. 27th, 7pm
19155 Rogers Clark Boulevard
Important Dates for the 2021-2022 SY
- 8/6/2021 - Freshmen Transition Workshop
- 8/11/2021 - CHS Open House & Block Party
- 8/16/2021 - First Day of School
- 10/1/2021 - Homecoming Football Game
- 10/2/2021 - Homecoming Dance
- 5/20/2022 - Graduation
More to be added soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cavalier Nation Information Sources
- Caroline County Public Schools Website: http://www.ccps.us/
- CHS Student Dress Code: https://www.ccps.us/chs/student-dress-code/
- Career Center: http://lhummer.blogs.ccps.us/
- Parent Teacher Resource Center: http://prc.blogs.ccps.us/
- PowerSchool Portal: https://caroline.powerschool.com/public/
- Athletics Blog with Mr. Heizer: http://pheizer.blogs.ccps.us/
- Athletics & Activities Calendar: https://www.battlefielddistrictva.org