January 3, 2019
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Happy New Year to all Roosevelt families! Here's hoping everyone had a restful winter break and a wonderful new year.
A few reminders for the week:
• Staff Shout Out: Any great stories or staff shout outs that you'd be willing to share with me that I can pass onto the amazing Roosevelt staff at our staff meeting next week?? The examples that I have been able to share with staff that many of you have shared with me mean a great deal to everyone. If you have something kind to share about a Roosevelt staff member, simply email me at: email@example.com . Thank you so, so much!
• Climb to Feed Kids: SUCCESS!!! The Roosevelt community has successfully raised over $2000 for the Backpack Food Program. You know what this means...DUCT TAPE TIME!!! The plan is for this to occur next Tuesday, January 8 during lunch time. Please come cheer on the Roosevelt team on Sunday, January 6 at 9:00 AM at Bresnan Arena. Thank you for your support of this incredibly important community event.
• Late Start is Tuesday, January 8. Our PTO meeting is also on this day, 5:30 PM in the Roosevelt Media Center. Child Care is provided during this time.
• Roosevelt third graders have the opportunity to participate in the statewide Read to the Final Four contest using myON Reader. Third grade myON reading minutes will count toward Roosevelt's standing in the Read to the Final Four bracket. Roosevelt needs to be in the top 17 schools to move on to the bracketed tournament rounds in January. I have heard that Roosevelt is currently in 20th place...keep reading Raccoons!
• Preschool Information: Registration for MAPS Preschools will begin on Monday, January 14th. Registration can be completed online at https://mankato.ce.eleyo.com, in person or by mail at the Family Learning Center, 820 Hubbell Avenue, Mankato, MN 56001. A $25 registration fee is due at the time of registration. Additional information and registration forms are below and can be found online at mankatoecfe.org.
Happy New Year
Today in Rocky Time we discussed New Year's Resolutions. Ask your child what they shared as their resolution. My resolution for myself, my family, school, community, state, and world is KINDNESS--daily specific things that make a difference to others--big and small!
Capstone Literacy Day
Again, a huge thank you to Capstone for all the free books and for sponsoring a literacy day right before Winter Break.
Principal for the Morning
Principal Lacey spent a morning right before break getting to be the principal. She did an AWESOME job! Keep reading, Raccoons! This could be YOU!