Virtual Learning Newsletter
December 10, 2020
Student Trimester 1 report cards are now available to view in Infinite Campus.
Below are the instructions.
1. Login to Infinite Campus Parent.
2. Click Documents on the Menu.
3. Change the student in the upper right corner, if necessary.
4. Click on report to open.
If you have any questions or need support, please contact the office or your child’s teacher.
Winter STAR Testing
As you may know, we use Star Assessments to help teachers understand what students know and are ready to learn. Students in Kindergarten through 4th grade take Star tests once in fall, winter and spring and teachers typically give this test while students are in school. The specific assessments are listed below.
4K- Star Early Literacy (no fall assessment, winter and spring only)
Kindergarten- Star Early Literacy
K students take an alternative math assessment (AIMSweb Test of Early Numeracy)
First Grade- Star Early Literacy & Star Math
Second through Fourth Grade- Star Reading and Star Math
Just as we did in fall, because your child is enrolled virtually, we have planned two options for the assessment to be completed. The role of an at-home test monitor is to support students to login, ensure they are on task, and engage with the staff proctor if there are technical difficulties. The role of the staff proctor is to administer the assessment, read the directions, and monitor the student during the assessment.
Virtual Community Event
This week: Mrs. Plaushines will be doing a holiday read aloud from 12:00-12:30 on December 16. Access for the event is linked here.
The book is titled "The Twelve Days of Christmas in Wisconsin". Please feel free to print out this sheet to have your child follow along with. If you don't have a printer you can just have them make a list 1-12 on a blank piece of paper and fill in that way too. :)
In-Person Recess (Optional)
Wednesday, December 16, 10:15am-10:35am, Bay Lane Elementary Playground, Mrs. Besler (4K) & Mrs. Benedict (1st) will be supervising!
- Students will be able to use our playground and meet others in the elementary virtual classrooms
- All will be expected to stay 6' apart while playing -OR- wear a mask if activities are closer contact. This aligns with our elementary buildings' recess safety measure. Please send a mask with your child.
- If you are a registered volunteer, you can be present on the blacktop/playground. If you are not a registered volunteer with the district, and would like to join, please register using this form: REGISTERED VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM.
Wonderful Wednesday Events (Optional)
Wednesday, December 16th, Google Meet
- 4K & 5K- 11:15-11:45 Ms. Ruddell & Mrs. Frank (Interventionists) will be doing a math inquiry activity. Please use this google meet link to join at that time.
- 1st & 2nd - 11:15-11:45 - (School Psychologist) will be doing a Social-Emotional lesson. Please use this google meet link to join at that time.
- 3rd & 4th - 11:15-11:45 - Mrs. Dupler (Teaching & Learning Coach) will be doing a math inquiry activity. Please use this google meet link to join at that time.
Student Art Gallery
Hello Muskego Norway,
I belong to a group of MNSD parents on Facebook and we were wondering if we could put together an art gallery for virtual students in Google Slides. This is the form parents could fill out to submit artwork or short essays/poems: https://forms.gle/c8CScoT9QTuEyrc8A
The slide presentation would be accessible by a link that would either be emailed to parents or posted to a private Facebook page. I will send principals the slide show for approval before it is published.
Lynn van Lier
Library Book Checkout
Library book requests can be submitted weekly and books can be returned when picking up new requests. There will be a book return bin near the books ready for pick up.
You can pick up books at your home school. You will continue to fill out the book request form and check the school you would like to pick up from.
We would also like to offer virtual students an opportunity to come into the library and browse for their own books. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact Toni Heinowski at email@example.com