The Austin Gazette
January 7, 2024
Welcome to the Spring Semester 2024!
New Year Reminders
- Students may be dropped off starting at 7AM each morning. It is our hope this helps parents avoid long lines and traffic.
- All students should have a Smart Tag attached to their back pack. This helps us know how we dismiss each student, speeds up the bus routes, and provides parents with information about when their child will be picked up and dropped off. Please let us know if your child's tag is missing.
- Attendance is very important! Students with good attendance achieve higher than students with poor attendance. Prioritize your child's education by sending students to school when they are well enough to attend. See below for more information.
Colds, Flu, and Covid Reminders
When to Keep Your Child Home Sick from School
If your child is not feeling well, your pediatrician is the best person to consult about whether they can go to school. Common sense, concern for your child's well-being, and the possibility of infecting classmates should all contribute to the decision about whether your child should stay home.
As general guidelines, keep your child home if:
They have a fever above 100 degrees Fahrenheit within the past 24 hours
They have had episodes of vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours
They are not well enough to participate in class
What if they're feeling better but still have a runny nose?
If your child has been ill and is feeling better, but still wakes up with minor problems such like a runny nose or slight headache? You can send them to school if none of the three circumstances listed above is present. Even so, make sure the school and your child have a phone number where you can be reached during the day if more serious symptoms develop, and they need to return home.
Do you know a teacher doing a great job? Create a TAE (Teachers Achieving Excellence)
Log in to your PAC account.
Click on your student.
Click "Teacher/Staff Excellence" on the Communication Tab
Select the teacher you would like to write the TAE for.
Conroe ISD is seeking community feedback for the Proclamation 2024 Instructional Materials Adoption through April 5, 2024. Community members may review materials online or they may request to view the materials in person at the Conroe ISD Textbook Warehouse. More information is located on the CISD Instructional Materials website.
Things We're Learning
Cub Buck Store Wish List
Our students earn Cub Bucks for following school rules and being great Cubs! Every few weeks students have the opportunity to shop at the Cub Buck Store. We are always looking for items students would love. If you would like to donate, you can find our wish list here. Don't want to use Amazon? No problem! Purchase where you choose and send to our front office. Thank you for your support!
Breakfast and Lunch Information
Parent lunch visitors are welcome! There is limited space for parent visitors during lunch. Reserve your place to ensure you will be able to eat with your student. Please sign up using the link below. We ask that you limit your visits to no more than twice a week so other parents have the opportunity to schedule times with their students.
Did you know?
You can receive notifications about your child's bus, including departure and bus stop arrival times? Sign up for the SMART tag Parent Portal!
Please note: replacement SMART tags and lanyards are $2.
Do you need help with translation?
We have several translators available to help you with your language needs:
- Iris Cuevas, Receptionist
- Elena Ayala, Secretary
- Cindy Rubio, Secretary
- Gloria Barrera, Instructional Para
- Brianna Martinez, Clinic Aide
- Egla Reyna, Assistant Principal
Are you following our social media accounts? We often send out helpful reminders, pictures of kids in action, and upcoming events...delivered right to your newsfeed!